What's up with Nashville?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Obviously trading the best D in the league for a lower talent was a bad move.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
They have the worst group of forwards in the the division and Rinne hasn't been very good.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Maybe Weber was a half decent defender after all?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
cliche to say but missing leadership

Neal, Johansen and Subban have had selfish penalties thus far and they're now depended to be leaders

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I think it has nothing to do with Weber . Offence can be way better and Rinne too

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Given the general makeup of the team, it's one that has a fair amount of skill but almost no well-known, established leaders.

The little bit I have watched the Preds, it sort of seems like they are floating along without enough leadership or plan. I think a coach like Laviolette is also dangerous in this circumstance since he's certainly not the most "structured" of coaches and can let his teams slip into run and gun/loose-type games.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Rinne continues his rapid descent towards "done."

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Neal, forsberg, and johansen have a combined one goal.

This is the current primary reason. People will try to push other narratives, but having five points with that kind of production from your top three forwards is miraculous. Everything else is secondary for now. It was prognosticated that Rinne would be garbage this year, so all the losing naturally gets put on him by some, but it simply isn't on him.

Too many one and done's in the offensive zone, not being able to cycle enough. Powerplay was saving them early on, but the lack of even strength scoring was gonna get them hard eventually. Very low PDO if one believes in that.

Schedule eases up now, we'll see if that makes any difference.

Last edited:

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
A small part of it's the schedule. They've played Pittsburgh (#2 in point %), Detroit (3-way tie for 5th), SJ (3-way tie for 5th), Chicago x2 (14th), LA (0.50 in point %, tied for 15th w several other teams), Anaheim (21st) & Dallas (2-way tie for 22nd). So one more "good" team than "bad" team with 3/8 in the middle of the pack.

It's mostly Rinne IMO, who has a .906 sv% and 3,22 GAA. He started six games and has only won one of them. In the Ducks game, though, the D didn't help him at all. (Maybe others too. I've only seen a few games.) Their top four D are amazing but after that they have Irwin, Carle, Yannick Weber, and Bitetto. Irwin (who should not be playing in the NHL) is averaging 12.31 min a night, Carle 13:08.

As others have said, their forwards are struggling to score.

I think they'll turn it around at some point but if Rinne doesn't improve, they need to replace him and maybe look for some better ppl on the 3rd pair (and possibly a better 2C, though Ribeiro has 4 points in 8 games, which isn't awful).

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Just looking at stats and having Rinne on my fantasy team I think it's because their stars aren't performing and Rinne has been poor. Just like he was for a lot of last year when he also was on my fantasy team :shakehead

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Despite the preseason rating, the preds are running matt Irwin on one pairing.

And rinne is struggling.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Rinne is struggling, however anyone putting anything more than 20% of the blame on Rinne is a moron. Rinne was the best player against LA, Detroit, and Dallas despite the losses. Yes Rinne has not done well against San Jose nor Anaheim, but the team collapsed against them as well.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
A small part of it's the schedule. They've played Pittsburgh (#2 in point %), Detroit (3-way tie for 5th), SJ (3-way tie for 5th), Chicago x2 (14th), LA (0.50 in point %, tied for 15th w several other teams), Anaheim (21st) & Dallas (2-way tie for 22nd). So one more "good" team than "bad" team with 3/8 in the middle of the pack.

It's mostly Rinne IMO, who has a .906 sv% and 3,22 GAA. He started six games and has only won one of them. In the Ducks game, though, the D didn't help him at all. (Maybe others too. I've only seen a few games.) Their top four D are amazing but after that they have Irwin, Carle, Yannick Weber, and Bitetto. Irwin (who should not be playing in the NHL) is averaging 12.31 min a night, Carle 13:08.

As others have said, their forwards are struggling to score.

I think they'll turn it around at some point but if Rinne doesn't improve, they need to replace him and maybe look for some better ppl on the 3rd pair (and possibly a better 2C, though Ribeiro has 4 points in 8 games, which isn't awful).

Rinne has a save percentage above 93.33 in two of the losses. His D has been absolute s*** and his offense is even worse. Ekholm is their best defensive player and he's struggled mightily this year defensively. Nashville has arguably the best top 4 D in the league, hwoever their bottom pairing is a joke, and their 2-way forward depth is only mid tier. It's fine, if Nashville has a bad season and Rinne is bought out, I hope Calgary snatches him so he can complete his rebirth.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
The Weber trade has obviously effected them negatively. There are many other reasons for their lack of success. Goaltending and lack of leadership are other factors.

LOL out of all of those how did you not mention their terrible defense and even worse offense? Contrary to popular belief, Nashville's defense is not anywhere near number 1 in the league, and their depth is terrible. Besides even if their blueline is elite their 2-way forward depth is not elite, only mid tier unlike other teams with similar bluelines like St. Louis, Anaheim, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Jose, etc. Heck even teams with terrible bluelines like Boston and New Jersey have elite 2-way forward depth (Well New Jersey is top 10, so great but not yet elite).

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Obviously trading the best D in the league for a lower talent was a bad move.

This. Most lopsided trade since Forsberg for Erat. I remember how all the fans screamed out in unison what an idiot Poile was to be ripped off by Bergeron like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad