What's Up With Jordan Schroeder?

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
He's no longer a top 6 or bust player. He's definitely able to play in the top 9 now. He's the ultimate complimentary player, that is why he isn't putting up points as the star. Give him line-mate(s) and he will score. We are just beginning to see that now as he's paired up with Haydar and sometimes Davies in Chicago. 17points in 19games i believe.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I'm surprised he isn't putting up more points. He looked close to Hodgson's level in training camp. I figure he must be focusing on his defensive game knowing that is how to impress AV.

Well DtS on the Van forums did make a point about JS's traditional points ratios being off. Historically, JS puts up a 1:2 goals to assists ratio wherever he is playing. With the Wolves, he hasn't been able to do that. It's more of a 1:1 ratio. So there is something to be said about teammates not finishing off his feeds because from reports he sure isn't passing less.

Even more impressive to go 17 in 19 games with that 1:1 ratio. Hodgson too didn't seem to rack up assists in the AHL. So there's hope for Schroeder... a lot more now than if he had shown nothing at this stage.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
I don't have an answer and haven't been following the Wolves but for an optimistic outlook consider Cody Hodgson.

2010-11 AHL: 52-17-13-30
2011-12 NHL: 42-10-14-24

Neither are the types of players to be 1st line star players, but with better linemates Cody has been more productive in the NHL than he was in the AHL (taking difficulty inflation into consideration). In this summers training camp Schroeder wasn't too far from Hodgson and looked close to making the team. Now he's certainly not going to be another Zach Parise, but it's too soon to write him off as a productive NHLer.

People actually have compared him to Parise? :laugh: Their games aren't similar at all...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad