What's up with Huberdeau

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
What's up with Jonathan Huberdeau? How's he playing. I have him in my yahoo pool and don't want to drop him just yet but I expected more

I havn't seen any Panthers games but is he struggling? Is he playing good? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yea he's not playing really well. It's Kris Versteegs fault though:sarcasm:

I honestly think Versteeg is tired of Flash piling up the points so Flash suddenly came down with a case of "Turbo Lax syndrome".

tumblr-tumblr-l8pb6nwn281qb64fro1-500.gif

Huby needs to be shooting on the PP more, he's been passing too much.

luby3131

Jan 8, 2011
Parkland, FL
He had a few tremendous shifts today where he made Tampa's defense look like cones. The points will come soon. He does need to shoot more.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I hope this is just a sophomore slump and nothing permanent. He seems to be pretty ineffective lately...not sure what's up with him, but he definitely hasn't been as good as last year (he was injured last year and was playing better than he is now).

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Teams are scouting him. Either they are grinding him into the boards or are forcing him high. It's no coincidence his last two goals came from the Bjuggernaut plowing through the D and making space for Hubey.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
I wonder if he is playing hurt again as well? It just doesn't look like he has the same speed as at the beginning of the year (he is not that fast to begin with) and every time he gets bumped off easily off the puck, almost as if he is just not wanting to push off on that hip? Only he knows for sure but he looks off right now

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
If I were coach I would bag skate him if he doesnt get at least 3 SOG per game. He has far too many opportunities to shoot and score but instead insists on passing.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I think missing most of the offseason hurt. We have known for a few years that he has needed to bulk up and we know he needs to be a little faster. After last year we were left with great expectations but he didn't have much time to work in the offseason because of his surgery. He didn't have time to gain weight and couldn't work on really anything. He is only 20. I think in a full offseason as long as the work ethic is there he will be fine.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I think missing most of the offseason hurt. We have known for a few years that he has needed to bulk up and we know he needs to be a little faster. After last year we were left with great expectations but he didn't have much time to work in the offseason because of his surgery. He didn't have time to gain weight and couldn't work on really anything. He is only 20. I think in a full offseason as long as the work ethic is there he will be fine.

The lanky 6-foot-1 Huberdeau was 171 pounds when he was tabbed by Tallon as the overall No. 3 draft pick in 2011, and he’s now a solid 190 pounds after an offseason of hip rehabilitation and strength training. His teammates are excited about the prospects of pairing Huberdeau on a line with 18-year-old rookie center Aleksander Barkov.
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-09-24/sports/sfl-huberdeau-ready-to-start-second-season-20130924_1_jonathan-huberdeau-first-calder-trophy-winner-penalty-shot

Sounds like he did gain some weight, maybe mostly muscle due to the word solid.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013

I know he gained some but I'm saying it isn't sufficient. He needs to gain (more) weight. Give him a full offseason and see what happens. I don't think he improved much in the offseason if at all and I attribute that to his hip.

Erick*

Fleischmann either has to start playing better or he has to go. I think someone like Bergy, Upshall or even Kopecky would compliment Huby and Bjugstad better.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Mueller and Huberdeau worked well. Just sayin'.. But, ya he and Barkov, along with the whole team should shoot more like a lot of you are saying.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad