What's up with Huberdeau

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Last game hubes showed some aggravation.. I loved it. The kid looks entirely like end of the year hurt Huberdeau... I don't think Hes healthy

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I'll just throw out an observation. This is probably going to make people shake their head at me, but Huberdeau has fluctuated around 60% to 80% as far as health goes since he's been here. He spent last summer rehabbing from hip surgery. Not the best injury to have if your goal is to build your speed over the offseason.

I think it is evident his agility and speed are not even up to last year's levels. Olympic break will do him well, give him about a month to get stronger in his legs.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Hopefully he'll get going in the 2nd half...we have to start making a push and if he can't elevate his game, there's no chance of getting back in the hunt.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Was thinking about bumping this thread today too. Huberdeau just doesn't look the same from last season, and I don't see what could explain that other than his hip still bothering him. It's really upsetting because we really need him to be lighting it up, and I am sure he is frustrated himself. Just on most nights looks ineffective out there.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
at the moment he needs a puck moving winger on his line along with bjugs... At the same time that puck moving forward needs to know to get hubey the puck every shift he can in the zone. Right now flash is too much of the same type of player that hubey is. my suggestion would be to try matthias and tell him if he doesn't pass the damn puck he will be relegated to 4th line forever.....

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
at the moment he needs a puck moving winger on his line along with bjugs... At the same time that puck moving forward needs to know to get hubey the puck every shift he can in the zone. Right now flash is too much of the same type of player that hubey is. my suggestion would be to try matthias and tell him if he doesn't pass the damn puck he will be relegated to 4th line forever.....

Huberdeau-Bjugs-Boyes would be a nice line, if the Killer B's line wasn't clicking.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

I'd like to see Horachek try Huby on a line with Shore and Hayes for a game or two. I think they could create a lot of space for him and produce turnovers with their forecheck. Hayes has shown he can finish and Shore is a good passer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad