What's the scoop with Bouwmeester?

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
We like old-fashioned toughness and grit, too.

Gordie Howe, Ted Lindsey and Rocket Richard were my favourite forwards. Doug Harvey, Eddie Shore and Bobby Orr were my favourite defencemen. I'm the only one on this forum for whom Wayne Gretzky and Paul Coffey (figure skaters:D) are nowhere near my Top 10 at their positions.
I didn't like Coffey or Gretzky either.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
I find it hard to believe that noone here has stumbled on why Bouwmeester is likely having issues as of late.

It's tax season people. Bouw's busiest time of the year. He'll be fine around April 20th.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
I find it hard to believe that noone here has stumbled on why Bouwmeester is likely having issues as of late.

It's tax season people. Bouw's busiest time of the year. He'll be fine around April 20th.

you being unmodded or whatever is the best thing to happen to this forum

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
you being unmodded or whatever is the best thing to happen to this forum

That would require me to have been a mod here at one time and I'm pretty sure no one in power here is really that insane.

Some of 'em are probably pretty close, but none are that far gone.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Did I miss something?

Now I'm wondering if somehow I was...chosen...at one time before having my powers stripped away.

The hell I could've unleashed, talking fire and brimstone coming down from the sky...rivers and seas boiling...forty years of darkness...earthquakes! Volcanoes! Dead rising from the Grave!

Dogs and Cats, living together! Mass Hysteria!

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Sicker than usual, indeed. :laugh:

I was baffled by this for a second before I realized you were referring to the avatar title...thing.

That's actually a tangential remark from the original line from the Far Side which I cribbed the image from

To wit:
il_fullxfull.183720813.jpg

Gary Larson rules forever. Alongside Breathed and Watterson.

thigpen

Jun 6, 2011
SF Bay Area
Wow, another gem tonight from JBo. :help:

He looks to be deteriorating by the game and I find it hard to believe he doesn't have the pride to bench himself. If he's hurt he should take some time off and let Lindbohm play. If it's a mental issue, he may not realize just how brutal he's playing.

I can understand the coaching staff wanting to give him a chance to work through it but at some point they need to sit him, because it sure doesn't appear that he's improving in any area of his game, whatsoever.

My concern is that he drives his confidence so far into the cellar that he ends up hurting himself long term.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
My theory is that hes lost a step, and since his game focuses on skating its hurt his confidence a lot. he is still an amazing skater but ive noticed him lose a few races recently and he hasn't been galloping up the ice with the puck like he used to.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If that's true...he's hurting more then he's helping. Should have had the surgery Asap.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I would say it's pretty likely that his groin still isn't 100%. That's what caused him to end his ironman streak. Groin injuries linger so he'll likely not be 100% until the offseason...which sucks. i wouldn't go so far as to say he clearly needs groin surgery though.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

He's a tax accountant on the side??? :laugh: Not very true to his name (which means "architect").

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I would say it's pretty likely that his groin still isn't 100%. That's what caused him to end his ironman streak. Groin injuries linger so he'll likely not be 100% until the offseason...which sucks. i wouldn't go so far as to say he clearly needs groin surgery though.

This is most likely the reason, and is what I expected. But, maybe the OP was referring to Bouwmeester's whole season.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
He's a tax accountant on the side??? :laugh: Not very true to his name (which means "architect").

you know I could definitely see him being an architect too :laugh:

Also that's a pretty great nickname. The Architect. Mysterious, badass, he looks like he could be an architect, etc...

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
If Bouwmeester is injured, and won't heal till the off-season, we are in trouble. Particularly with Shattenkirk out for perhaps two more months.

I guess we will continue on with the "next man up" program. If a month of rest would help Bouwmeester, I say sit him out and bring up Lindbohm. But I doubt it will happen.

Can Gunnersson come through for us as a temporary top pairing guy? He was such a guy in Toronto.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
One more thought about Bouwmeester.

In one of the Blues telecasts, John Kelly said that Bouwmeester made the Canadian Junior team at 16 years of age. Only two other 16-year-olds ever made the team - Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux.

That is a pretty exclusive club.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
If Bouwmeester is injured, and won't heal till the off-season, we are in trouble. Particularly with Shattenkirk out for perhaps two more months.

I guess we will continue on with the "next man up" program. If a month of rest would help Bouwmeester, I say sit him out and bring up Lindbohm. But I doubt it will happen.

Can Gunnersson come through for us as a temporary top pairing guy? He was such a guy in Toronto.

Gunn can take over for a few months.

Old Blueser

Jan 28, 2012
just going by eye test, there really seems to be something wrong with Bouw. I notice he consistently moves away or back from contact along the boards, and just tries to play with his stick. Previously, he'd force his long leg in there and use his skate and positioning to jam the opposition up. I can't give you a scientific study but this seems pretty regular these days

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
you know I could definitely see him being an architect too :laugh:

Also that's a pretty great nickname. The Architect. Mysterious, badass, he looks like he could be an architect, etc...

Jay Bouwmeester = Art Vandelay

:laugh:

Edit: On second thought, that's if he's an importer/exporter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad