What's the scoop with Bouwmeester?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Considering other teams watch tapes and scout our team. I don't think they learned anything they already didn't know from JR.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The other teams might or might not believe JR's excuse for Bouwmeester. If they do, I bet they would pressure/target him in a seven game series.

Very irresponsible speculation on JR's part.

You don't think they've already scouted him enough to know he's not 100% and that they rely on a beat writer's speculation to make their game plan? Really?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I think everybody knows that Jbo isn't 100% healthy. I mean you can see how he skates and how much time it takes to take quick brakes and turns. Obviously he strugles on quick turns and explosive accelerations.
But compare how 'painfull' those has been after injury and now, I see some release on groin so his acceleration has improved a bit. (damn its so hard to explain in english what I try to mean)

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I think everybody knows that Jbo isn't 100% healthy. I mean you can see how he skates and how much time it takes to take quick brakes and turns. Obviously he strugles on quick turns and explosive accelerations.
But compare how 'painfull' those has been after injury and now, I see some release on groin so his acceleration has improved a bit. (damn its so hard to explain in english what I try to mean)

I agree. His skating now looks better than it did a month ago.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I agree. His skating now looks better than it did a month ago.

When I compare 2 week ago game against Chicago, I do remember that one spesific situation when Jbo was playing blueline, Saad, Krug or Richards (don't remember so clearly did go breakaway and Jbo strugled so much turning to and try to accelerated and catch but tumbled only. Same situation was also Backes try to stop that breakaway. I think Jbo did drawn penalty there and Hossa did score on that powerplay. I didn't find video of that, but main thing is how he skated on that game compare last couple there is huge difference.

Maybe @Fred Murtz could help us. :help:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Yeah, he's clearly not 100%. JR agreeing that he doesn't look 100% isn't "irresponsible". Anyone working or playing in the NHL should be able to tell instantly that J-Bo isn't 100%. JR didn't reveal anything the rest of the league didn't already know.

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
I have never heard any reports of him playing hurt.

The other teams might or might not believe JR's excuse for Bouwmeester. If they do, I bet they would pressure/target him in a seven game series.

Very irresponsible speculation on JR's part.

You bet that the a team would target the opposition's top pairing defenseman in a playoff series?

I'll uh, double down on that as well. :amazed:

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Bouwmeester has looked a little slow the last couple of games and has been beaten to the puck on dump ins. I don't know if he is injured or just doesn't have the speed to beat faster forwards to the puck.

Captain America*

And how exactly do you know this? JR is doing what literally every other beat writer would be doing. This isn't some bum off the street.

Hitch won't appreciate him dropping hints to other teams.

He might be let off with a warning.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Hitch won't appreciate him dropping hints to other teams.

He might be let off with a warning.

What exactly are you inferring that JR is letting out that other teams wouldn't already know? It's pretty darn clear that Bouwmeester is dealing with some kind of injury that's hampering his skating just by watching him play.

Captain America*

What exactly are you inferring that JR is letting out that other teams wouldn't already know? It's pretty darn clear that Bouwmeester is dealing with some kind of injury that's hampering his skating just by watching him play.

Hitch said....

"We're not prepared to have one little bit of concern before we put him in. We don't want this thing to be a hindrance. We're opting to go on the safety side."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad