What's the most cringeworthy moment in recent NHL history?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Also, John Scott for the All Star game was pretty pathetic. A bunch of try hard reddit wannabes who wanted their ironic epic meme moment and ended up hijacking HF to do it.

Vote for Rory was kind of stupid, but still a little fun. People were creative with it and everyone was in on the joke. That was in 2007 and people just couldn't let it end there.

Reactions: Eisen and dkhockey

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I love everyone whining about the Canes celebrations.
Seriously... who cares. They’re having fun, which is part of this sport that is lost in many organizations, and the fans seem to like it.

Now if they brought out a dummy dressed up like their opponents goaltender and buckets of pucks, and then just started riddling shots at it.... that would be cringeworthy.
Funny as hell, but still cringeworthy

Also, John Scott for the All Star game was pretty pathetic. A bunch of try hard reddit wannabes who wanted their ironic epic meme moment and ended up hijacking HF to do it.

Vote for Rory was kind of stupid, but still a little fun. People were creative with it and everyone was in on the joke. That was in 2007 and people just couldn't let it end there.
The NHL All Star Game is cringeworthy in and of itself.
Hadn’t been worthwhile in years.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Cotton

May 13, 2013
The majority of Millennials are aged 30 or over.

Kind of funny that nobody had ever heard the term in the 80's and 90's then.

What we were called, as children of Baby Boomers, was GenerationX, and our kids are supposed to be these millennials. If that's so, than most the people I know in their 30's are GenX.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

What we were called, as children of Baby Boomers, was GenerationX, and our kids are supposed to be these millennials. If that's so, than most the people I know in their 30's are GenX.

Youngest GenXers will turn 40 this I think,.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

Much more cringeworthy was the NHL putting up a system for All-Star voting which was gamed in its first year, artificially altered by the NHL at the time to save face, only for it to persist for years and be subject to similar campaigns every following season (2009 was my favourite). John Scott was the logical conclusion, and the NHL's reaction to that was even worse.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018

The generations are very broad and aren't extremely well defined. Gen X ranges from early to mid 1960s all the way to early 1980s and Millennial (Gen Y) started in the mid to late 1980s. So yeah, the youngest cohort of Gen X would still be in their 30s but the oldest cohort of Gen Y would also be entering their 30s.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
millennials are 18 to 24 now

millennials = born around the millennium

It's way more broad then that. The generations are roughly 20 years (although they don't have an official specific definition). Gen X was approximately mid 1960s to early 1980s and then Gen Y started in the mid to late 1980s. Gen Y later got the nickname "millennial" because they were reaching adolescence or "coming of age" in the new millennium. Gen Y (or millennials) continued to around the late 1990s to early 2000s, followed by Gen Z which is the current generation. So millennials can include 18 year-olds under some definitions but also includes people in their early 30s.

Reactions: zaqq

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia

I heard the Vote for Rory campaign was pretty much a protest to how bad the NHLs All Star voting system was and how they made it a popularity contest.

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
That time Paul MacLean tried to quote Taylor Swift nonchalantly in his Senators exit meeting.

You could almost hear the silent groans in the room.

joeyjojojrshabadoo

Jan 25, 2009
Oh my god I thought I flushed the memory of that from my brain.

the-duck.jpg

Rebel with a trust fund......REBEL WITH A TRUST FUND

It baffles me that there are people who've risen through the ranks, gotten to (or towards) the top of their field, are now being paid the-big-bucks from a big organization to produce something that millions will see ... and they come out with this utter abomination. Everything about it is poorly thought out and cringey-to-the-maximum. Unreal.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Who cares? The All-Star game doesn't matter and the "antics" produced one of the most entertaining All-Star weekends I can remember.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Lmao, he was easily the best part of the whole thing, I watched it for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad