Whats the goalie split this year looking like?

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I don’t know why any AHL team would want Koochie. If I was an NHL team I’d want to prioritize getting starts for my own prospects in the AHL. Worried Koochie might be put in a bad spot this year for getting consistent starts.
I’m not too familiar with every organizations goalie depth but there have been times in our past where it was pretty clear our ahl goalies didn’t have much of a future with our team. In a situation like that I’d gladly welcome an addition like Koochie to help stabilize the team and give them a better shot at winning which is good for all the prospects.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I don’t know why any AHL team would want Koochie. If I was an NHL team I’d want to prioritize getting starts for my own prospects in the AHL. Worried Koochie might be put in a bad spot this year for getting consistent starts.
Problem with not having an AHL affiliate, why would ANY team prioritize our players over their own parent team's guys?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Makes sense. If Tampa needs to call up their 3rd string goalie, it at least gives Syracuse a legitimate starter and Kochetkov a place to play until Vasilevsky is healthy.
yep, these guys with Vasi's injury and the Wolves were the two obvious candidates, and the Wolves not only burned their bridge with us but decided to piss on the f***ing ashes.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I think the reason it's slightly interesting is because the team with the absolutely super stud goalie who now has a questionable back injury is now starting a guy in Syracuse who's likely better than any other goalie they have in the system. Yeah, he's ours. But as Tampa gets 20 games in looking at their AHL team have better goaltending than the big club... maybe they'll get jealous and try to make a move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad