Speculation: What's the final roster look like to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Rau and Hammond cleared waivers and are on their way to Iowa

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Hopefully his next team will actually give him NHL players for linemates.
Maybe pitlick can actually play great with him? Fiala will as usual drive that line. Preds fans have said he finds scoring areas. Maybe it becomes those two scoring and Freddy plays good defense and chips in on the forecheck.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Maybe pitlick can actually play great with him? Fiala will as usual drive that line. Preds fans have said he finds scoring areas. Maybe it becomes those two scoring and Freddy plays good defense and chips in on the forecheck.

After watching Gaudreau this pre-season, I think he's worse than Rask is the offensive zone. Haven't seen Pitlick play, but everything else indicates he's a fringe NHLer right now. I just have a hard time believing that Pitlick-Gaudreau is going to be better than Hartman-Johansson was last year. Obviously I hope lightning strikes and those three play very successfully together, I'm just not going to hold my breath.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I'm just hoping they won't put Fiala on a line with V1Ctor Rask

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
hey guys i need some insider info, im stuck between 2 players for fantasy Zuccarello cause he is most likely going to be stapled to Kirill the Thrill or my other option is Joel Farabee.

Im leaning towards Zucc but wanted to get some thoughts from the Wild fans that are actually watching the games.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
hey guys i need some insider info, im stuck between 2 players for fantasy Zuccarello cause he is most likely going to be stapled to Kirill the Thrill or my other option is Joel Farabee.

Im leaning towards Zucc but wanted to get some thoughts from the Wild fans that are actually watching the games.
I’d lean towards Zucc also. He paced for career year playing with KK.

Reactions: CornKicker

Mnwildzack

Feb 12, 2017
After watching Gaudreau this pre-season, I think he's worse than Rask is the offensive zone. Haven't seen Pitlick play, but everything else indicates he's a fringe NHLer right now. I just have a hard time believing that Pitlick-Gaudreau is going to be better than Hartman-Johansson was last year. Obviously I hope lightning strikes and those three play very successfully together, I'm just not going to hold my breath.
Gaudreau is basically invisible in the offensive zone. He's 28 and played 19 games last year and only has 103 game total (18 points). I feel like he's just a plug to give the young guys more time, but every coach has a different philosophy in how to train up young players, so maybe they want him there just as a cheap filler.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Also most likely the lines on opening night. Rossi and Beckman to Iowa. Congrats to Duhaime.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Also most likely the lines on opening night. Rossi and Beckman to Iowa. Congrats to Duhaime.

I got zero qualms of Duhaime making the team because I rather have him than Rask there. He's young, fast and tenacious. That said, if its true that we are aiming to keep 13 forwards, it kind of boils down to Beckman vs Rask and if Beckman has impressed enough to see time paired up with Fiala. If not, send him to Iowa. I am still holding on to hope.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I got zero qualms of Duhaime making the team because I rather have him than Rask there. He's young, fast and tenacious. That said, if its true that we are aiming to keep 13 forwards, it kind of boils down to Beckman vs Rask and if Beckman has impressed enough to see time paired up with Fiala. If not, send him to Iowa. I am still holding on to hope.

I don't think it boils down to Beckman at all, as much as some wish it did

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Thats what I meant. The only two names really left to discuss is Rask and Beckman so fingers crossed!

I was saying that I think the only names left to discuss are Duhaime, Rask, Pitlick and Gaudreau.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I was saying that I think the only names left to discuss are Duhaime, Rask, Pitlick and Gaudreau.

Well for me Pitlick, Gaudreau, and Duhaime are locks so not worth discussing.

I say Rask because he's still liked by management and a veteran and Beckman due to a great camp. Yes, if you wanna take the fun out of it, then yes being waiver-exempt and being still really young, Beckman would be an easy send down to AHL but still wishful thinking that a great camp plus being a shooter across from Fiala is still interesting.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well for me Pitlick, Gaudreau, and Duhaime are locks so not worth discussing.

I say Rask because he's still liked by management and a veteran and Beckman due to a great camp. Yes, if you wanna take the fun out of it, then yes being waiver-exempt and being still really young, Beckman would be an easy send down to AHL but still wishful thinking that a great camp plus being a shooter across from Fiala is still interesting.

I more meant where they're gonna be in the lineup. But if you think Duhaime is a lock, there's no need to discuss Beckman. Duhaime, Beckman and Boldy were fighting for one roster spot.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

If both Kaprizov and Zuccarello stay healthy for the season, Zuccarello will score 60-70 points with around 20 goals.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
how was Dewars performace at camp ?

He didn't really get a lot of reps. He looked good the last game he played. He has a lot of speed and tenacity, and he forechecks well. He's capable of creating turnovers in the offensive and neutral zones, and there's a touch of offense that he can bring. He'll be a great bottom six forward in the future. I think he could probably play fourth line now without issues, but I'm not sure if coaching/management wants him to develop more offense, or if they just want tall guys only.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
how was Dewars performace at camp ?
For a bit it was Dewar vs. Duhaime, but it became clear that Duhaime had the inside edge and it looks like he'll be on the opening roster. I would expect Dewar to get a call up if there's an injury in the bottom 6. Maybe even the first call-up, but that depends on how he does in Iowa, too. I think, among bottom 6 call-up potentials, Bitten and Shaw are also interesting.

Reactions: Isles72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad