What's the best franchise/GM Hockey simulation game?

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Question:
Need help …
My kids and I love to play sport simulations where we create / fantasy draft our own teams and play against each other. We enjoy GM and franchise modes of play.
We’ve played EAS Madden 2010 & 2011 football PS2/PS3 as well as EAS hockey 2004, 2006, 2007.
The 2004 EAS hockey had the best franchise with long term contracts and 20 years of play, but lacked multi-user competition. 2006 & 2007 lacked big time as far as GM / franchise went.

We want to know which hockey simulation is the best hockey franchise/gm mode available today and on what system? Game graphics are not as overly important as the ability to build/draft and GM a team. It is the GMing side of the game we are looking for not user controlling player side of the game. The game must have the ability for us to play against each other for a full season competing for championships over a number of years.

Any suggestions?

zdeno

Jun 16, 2011
I run NHL10. It allows multiple user controlled teams and fantasy drafts. It's relatively in depth as far as what you can control, but the computer AI is pretty bad. I'm not sure if NHL11 improved on it..I hated the gameplay as someone who plays out seasons rather than simming.

If I remember right the 2k series allowed you to play pretty much forever. I never took a franchise to the point where it didn't let me continue, and I took several pretty deep.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007. Still horribly addicted to that game, it's a shame they don't make official updates, but there is a fairly dedicated scene providing custom upgrades, and packs.

Carolina_Bruin

Mar 7, 2004
Jacksonville, NC
I agree, EHM 2007 is the way to go.
picture.php

picture.php

NastyNate17

Jan 3, 2011
Fort Sam Houston
I run NHL10. It allows multiple user controlled teams and fantasy drafts. It's relatively in depth as far as what you can control, but the computer AI is pretty bad. I'm not sure if NHL11 improved on it..I hated the gameplay as someone who plays out seasons rather than simming.

If I remember right the 2k series allowed you to play pretty much forever. I never took a franchise to the point where it didn't let me continue, and I took several pretty deep.

GM mode in NHL 11 ends in 2035

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Okay ... where can I purchase a copy of EHM 2007? Is it still available?

Saabman0508

Harb Quote Count: 9
Aug 15, 2010
Ottawa
Thanks!!!

trying to learn the game now :)

Did you download the game from shello's free download? If you did, is it a legit and safe download? Its not that I don't trust you shello, you just can never be too safe with this kind of thing.

Saabman0508

Aug 15, 2010
Ottawa
I tried to download the game, but it will not run on anything av ailable to me; the game is too old. Does anyone know of any way to make the game compatable to a newer system?

Canuckommunist

May 2, 2011
Vancouver
EHM 07 but it's text-based and online sucks. If you're fine shifting seats it's definitely a really, really good game to play but if you have to network do EHM 05. Check out this website for all info on downloading, purchase, registration, etc. and feel free to ask any questions if you're interested. If you're more into sims where you can play your own team, NHL 12 sounds like it might be headed down the right path I'd be thinking about that too (not out for months though).

Saabman0508

Aug 15, 2010
Ottawa
EHM 07 but it's text-based and online sucks. If you're fine shifting seats it's definitely a really, really good game to play but if you have to network do EHM 05. Check out this website for all info on downloading, purchase, registration, etc. and feel free to ask any questions if you're interested. If you're more into sims where you can play your own team, NHL 12 sounds like it might be headed down the right path I'd be thinking about that too (not out for months though).

My question was a post above yours but i guess I can repeat it. I tried downloading the free game which is a few posts above but I am unable to run the game because the system that I am using is too new and the game is too old. Do you know of another download (preferably free, I don't want to spend money on this thing yet) that is compatable with newer computers or a way to make the game compatable? I am not much of a computer guy so I dont know if this is even possible but any help is greatly appreciated.

Carolina_Bruin

Mar 7, 2004
Jacksonville, NC
My question was a post above yours but i guess I can repeat it. I tried downloading the free game which is a few posts above but I am unable to run the game because the system that I am using is too new and the game is too old. Do you know of another download (preferably free, I don't want to spend money on this thing yet) that is compatable with newer computers or a way to make the game compatable? I am not much of a computer guy so I dont know if this is even possible but any help is greatly appreciated.

EHM 07 runs fine with new systems. I have Windows 7 and just run it in XP compatability mode.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Did you download the game from shello's free download? If you did, is it a legit and safe download? Its not that I don't trust you shello, you just can never be too safe with this kind of thing.

True and I understand that very well. This has been safe so far. It runs great and smoothly and it's just the trial that ends January 2012.

ross0927

Sep 16, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Except after year 2, it's entirely broken when it comes to RFA and UFAs and having a great team as nothing to do with anything when simming.

so frustrating. even if your goalie is 90+ and defense is great, your goalie still ends with a 3.00+ GAA.

this thread has persuaded me to dl EHM

Saabman0508

Aug 15, 2010
Ottawa
Just a warning, the demo ends shortly after the trade deadline. I had a stacked roster for the future, tons of firsts, semin, ryan, kopitar, then it says, good job, the demo is over. IT SUCKED!!! The game was amazing though.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Question:
Need help …
My kids and I love to play sport simulations where we create / fantasy draft our own teams and play against each other. We enjoy GM and franchise modes of play.
We’ve played EAS Madden 2010 & 2011 football PS2/PS3 as well as EAS hockey 2004, 2006, 2007.
The 2004 EAS hockey had the best franchise with long term contracts and 20 years of play, but lacked multi-user competition. 2006 & 2007 lacked big time as far as GM / franchise went.

We want to know which hockey simulation is the best hockey franchise/gm mode available today and on what system? Game graphics are not as overly important as the ability to build/draft and GM a team. It is the GMing side of the game we are looking for not user controlling player side of the game. The game must have the ability for us to play against each other for a full season competing for championships over a number of years.

Any suggestions?

This game is still going with ipdated rosters and updated gameplay and graphics. Rosters can easily be edited more with nhlview.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/NHL04Rebuilt/index.php?showtopic=1

V4V1984

Sep 14, 2014
Canada
Question:
Need help …

Any suggestions?

Hey: If you want a free simplified version of EHM 2005-07,the original game is at fhockey.com.Its constantly updated, has an online league and is all text based.I have it on an old Compac Pressario 40gb laptop n it runs great!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad