What's the best 2nd line?

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Really? I want Plekanec against Stamkos at all time. I konw most of us here don't like it, but I think that for the first round at least, we need to recreate a shutdown line with Pleks, Gio and Moen...

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Really? I want Plekanec against Stamkos at all time. I konw most of us here don't like it, but I think that for the first round at least, we need to recreate a shutdown line with Pleks, Gio and Moen...

What I mean is that with the particular lineup you quoted, you're pretty much SOL. No line would be capable of handling the task. I agree that you need to have a go-to tough minutes line that can play well in all zones.

I still think vanek should be with Pleks and Gio as a hard minutes 2 way line, but Therrien knows more :sarcasm:

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
What I mean is that with the particular lineup you quoted, you're pretty much SOL. No line would be capable of handling the task. I agree that you need to have a go-to tough minutes line that can play well in all zones.

I still think vanek should be with Pleks and Gio as a hard minutes 2 way line, but Therrien knows more :sarcasm:

At this point, I think Vanek will play with Max and DD for the foreseeable future, unless they really start to suk for many games in a row.

So if that line is set in stone and then you create your go-to tough minutes line as you call it which would be something like Moen-Plek-Gio.

You're left with many options for the other 2 : you could put the EGG line back together and then have something like Bourque-Brière-Prust.

Personnally I would go with another line that can take tough match-ups, like Prust-Eller-Weise/Bourque and another weak match-up line with Brière and the Gallys. But that's just me.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
At this point, I think Vanek will play with Max and DD for the foreseeable future, unless they really start to suk for many games in a row.

So if that line is set in stone and then you create your go-to tough minutes line as you call it which would be something like Moen-Plek-Gio.

You're left with many options for the other 2 : you could put the EGG line back together and then have something like Bourque-Brière-Prust.

Personnally I would go with another line that can take tough match-ups, like Prust-Eller-Weise/Bourque and another weak match-up line with Brière and the Gallys. But that's just me.

The Egg line has shown that it can take the 2nd toughest minutes and still produce, so I'd do that. Weise doesn't really belong on a line with shutdown duties. In a fully healthy roster, I don't even think he's dressed.

If we have to keep the current vanek line intact...

Pac - DD - Vanek
Briere/moen - Plek - Gionta
Egg Line
Moen - White - Prust

Swapping out moen with briere when you're giving a pure shutdown role to pleks' line. Of course, we need a fully healthy 4th line to pull that off, but that roster can definitely play. If only therrien would stop ruining his own D corps, we'd be fine.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The Egg line has shown that it can take the 2nd toughest minutes and still produce, so I'd do that. Weise doesn't really belong on a line with shutdown duties. In a fully healthy roster, I don't even think he's dressed.

If we have to keep the current vanek line intact...

Pac - DD - Vanek
Briere/moen - Plek - Gionta
Egg Line
Moen - White - Prust

Swapping out moen with briere when you're giving a pure shutdown role to pleks' line. Of course, we need a fully healthy 4th line to pull that off, but that roster can definitely play. If only therrien would stop ruining his own D corps, we'd be fine.

yeah i like that forward line up.
Try to get Markov/Emelin on as much as possible with Pac-DD-Vanek and EGG,
at least until Subban has a playing partner...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad