What's the best 2nd line?

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
With the first line set, it's going to be important to have a second offensive line.

Some options are:

Galchenyuk Plekanec Gallagher

Glacheyuk Plekanec Briere

Galchenyuk Plekanec Bournival

Bourque Plekanec Gallagher

When we clinch, the Kid line/egg line could be an option. They were re-united for one game and sucked, but they may be able to get going again.

Who do you think could make up the most successful 2nd line?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Gallagher-Plekanec-Galchenyuk
Gio-Brière-Bourque
Bournival-Eller-White (that 4th line against the opponent 4th line could be great and helpful)

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I'd roll with what we've had for a few games now:

Galch-Plek-Gally.

Decent at both ends of the ice, Pleky and Gally can score, Galch brings a nice mix of skill and size to the line. Both young guys can learn a lot from playing with a guy like Plek.

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
DMT
EGG
PGM we need that line to play vs best offensive line from other teams....
Bournival-briere-Wiese
White comes in if someone doesn't do well.
Proust??

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
How about this for the playoffs?

Pacioretty - DD - Vanek

Prust - Plekanec - Gionta

Galchenyuk - Briere - Gallagher

Moen - Eller - Weise

(extras: Bournival, White, Bourque)

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Probably Galchenyuk Pleckanec Gallagher would be the best offensively. The problem is all of Plekanec's side responsibilities that just don't jive with the 2 others...

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I wanna see Brière with the Gallys, he has a knack for slowing down the play and finding the open man, I dunno why but I think he could be awesome with Galchenyuk, while Gallagher drives the net.

SAKS AVENUE

Oct 12, 2008
Probably Galchenyuk Pleckanec Gallagher would be the best offensively. The problem is all of Plekanec's side responsibilities that just don't jive with the 2 others...

I wouldn't rely on Pleks for scoring in the play-offs. His assignments are to cover the other teams scoring line and PK in really important games. His offense always slips in the playoffs and understandably so.

Let him do his thing, if he scores,cool. But I'd like to have a 2nd/3rd wave of potent offense. I'd try Galch Briere and Gally the next few games just to see. Or get the Egg line going. Eller needs to snap out of it.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
My only concern is that the kids can't handle the defensive responsibilities that come with playing w pleky. So I'd say...

Bourque-Plekanec-gionta
Galchenyuk-briere-Gallagher
Bournival-Eller-white

Bournival and bourque could swap too

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
If Moen is healthy for the playoffs he should be put with Plekanec and Gionta to form a shut down line to play against Stamkos.

Moen - Plekanec - Gionta
Bournival - Eller - Prust

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
I like the flexibility we have.

Galch - Plek -Gio would be interesting.

I like the idea of Moen - Plek - Gio as a shutdown trio.

Hard to go wrong, really.

Not so bold prediction:
Eller turns it up a notch n finds a new gear come playoff time. He is our biggest center and size matters a bit more come playoffs. I know Price is the one guy who can carry us but I think it'll bd contributions from Eller/Briere as the X factor if we're serious about a deep run.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Plekanec with the 2 kids

Keep a deep 3rd line of Eller with Gionta and either Bourque or Briere

Gives us more depth, let those kids play with Pleks

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Pacs DD Vanek
Eller Pleks Gio
Galchenyuk Briere Gallagher
Moen Bournival Prust

Extras: White, Weise, Bourque, Parros

pine*

Gallagher-Plekanec-Galchenyuk
Gio-Brière-Bourque
Bournival-Eller-White (that 4th line against the opponent 4th line could be great and helpful)

Not sure if I'd put the two kids out there with Pleky to shadow Stamkos in a 7 game series.

Briere - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - Prust - Weise

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
If Moen is healthy for the playoffs he should be put with Plekanec and Gionta to form a shut down line to play against Stamkos.

Moen - Plekanec - Gionta
Bournival - Eller - Prust

I tend to agree with this. I'm not sure the Gally's are ready for the defensive responsibilities that come with playing with Plekanec in the playoffs.

My only tweak with this lineup to start is that I'd have Weise in ahead of Bournival. At least to start (if he's healthy).

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Vanek
Brière - Plekanec - Gionta (with Moen taking Brière's spot from shift to shift 5on5)
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher (with Prust taking Galchenyuk's spot if necessary)
Moen - Bournival - Prust (Moen - Prust - Weise if healthy)
Extras : Weise*, White, Bourque, Parros

Emelin - Subban
Markov - Gorges
Murray - Weaver
Extras : Tinordi, Bouillon

Clippy

Sep 22, 2011
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Vanek
Brière - Plekanec - Gionta (with Moen taking Brière's spot from shift to shift 5on5)
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher (with Prust taking Galchenyuk's spot if necessary)
Moen - Bournival - Prust (Moen - Prust - Weise if healthy)
Extras : Weise*, White, Bourque, Parros

Emelin - Subban
Markov - Gorges
Murray - Weaver
Extras : Tinordi, Bouillon

This is my favourite lineup.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Yeah, The two Gallys with Plekanec is a good 2nd line but the fact that we'll very likely face the Bolts in the playoffs might screw it up.

We'll need Pleks to be on Stamkos' ass like **** on velcro and I don't think MT will want to rely on the two youngins to play such tough minutes. So we might go back to the Moen/Prust-Pleks-Gionta line.

In that case I'd sent the Gallys' with Brière and have Eller play with what's left of Moen, Prust, Weise, Bournival and White. Could be a strong enough line to take the second toughest match-up and let the Brière and the Desharnais line play against easier opposition.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Yeah, The two Gallys with Plekanec is a good 2nd line but the fact that we'll very likely face the Bolts in the playoffs might screw it up.

We'll need Pleks to be on Stamkos' ass like **** on velcro and I don't think MT will want to rely on the two youngins to play such tough minutes. So we might go back to the Moen/Prust-Pleks-Gionta line.

In that case I'd sent the Gallys' with Brière and have Eller play with what's left of Moen, Prust, Weise, Bournival and White. Could be a strong enough line to take the second toughest match-up and let the Brière and the Desharnais line play against easier opposition.

That's dangerously bad defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad