What's something you were ABSOLUTELY wrong about

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I thought Granlund and Baertschi were Flames trash that were just placeholders for the tanking years till we got real prospects.

Yikes.

I thought Baertschi was going to be future top line LW and had 90 point potential just before the 2013 draft, playing along side Tyler Johnson (Backlund and another piece would have been traded for him) and Elias Lindholm (My pick for the 2013 draft). Two of the players never played for our team, and Baertschi was then traded... I thought Granlund was going to be our 2nd/3rd line center before the draft again and we would roll this top 6 going forward:

Baertschi-Johnson-Lindholm
Gaudreau-Granlund-Hudler

Turns out the only player that I was right was Gaudreau in the top 6...

bcd051

Mar 6, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Every year I'm convinced that it's the Blues year, this year, I actually believe that the Blues are finally going to win the cup as a big underdog! I will be right at some point in my life!

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
Colorado making the playoffs - Columbus and Toronto missing them with wide margins and Lehkonen of Finnish rookies having a better season goalscoring wise.

Corky

Mar 21, 2008
Singapore
About 1,000 posters in the "Are the Habs contenders?" thread before the season started.

Most people did not see them in the playoffs.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Just from a Leafs fan perspective, I've been wrong far too many times to speak on a league wide level, I though Kadri was a total bum and didn't see him in the teams long term plans but Babcock showed up to make me eat my words, to be fair he did entirely change his game.

I was also sure Phil Kessel would never be part of a successful hockey team just watching the way he quit on Toronto I made such claims as "it's impossible to even picture Phil raising the cup"...

Also as much as I saw through the charade of the Leafs occasional regular season success and anticipated the collapses of the Nonis/Burke era unlike some fans I did buy into Clarkson being a 20 goal scorer and a physical presence, in other words a valuable player.

Last edited:

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Tortorella is an idiot and he will lead the Jackets down the toilet:laugh:

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Thought the Arizona Yotes would barely hit 60pts and be the worst team by far this season. Did not know Avs would out suck them by a large margin.

Expected Leafs to be bottom 5 but they've vastly exceeded
expectations.

Also thought Marner would be -30 like Yakupov but he's also exceeded expectations.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I was all over the Mitch Marner threads claiming that he was a bust and would be the next Sam Gagner. Routinely stated that Domi had the higher ceiling and Marners game wouldn't translate to the NHL.

I was so wrong

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Tortorella is an idiot and he will lead the Jackets down the toilet:laugh:

For the sake of argument this is only his first full year, history shows his act gets old soon enough so give it a year or 2. I will say though I did completely underestimate Columbus this year, but I won't be surprised if they pull a Florida next year

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
- I thought Tkachuk was rushed into the NHL. Instead, he's been a complete beast

- I thought Hanifin would be a top pairing d-man already

- I thought Matthews and Laine would get 25 goals, 55pts max

- I thought the Kings would be contenders this season

And there are a lot more that I simply can't remember.

I was all over the Mitch Marner threads claiming that he was a bust and would be the next Sam Gagner. Routinely stated that Domi had the higher ceiling and Marners game wouldn't translate to the NHL.

I was so wrong

At least you owned up to it.

There were so many people that spammed Nylander and Marner threads and stated they would be Gagner and Schremp 2.0. Too bad they've gone quiet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad