What's Sam Reinhart's Ceiling?

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
Some say Zetterberg. I have concerns about him but they're probably unwarranted at this time so I'll shut up until next year.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Some say Zetterberg. I have concerns about him but they're probably unwarranted at this time so I'll shut up until next year.

They don't really play all the same way. Z plays like a bowling ball, even for a sub 6 foot guy he just crashes and drives and he can beat you with moves.

Reinhart I see as a hard working intelligent center. Strong both sides of the puck and could very well be a top 10 center when all is said and done.

Logan Couture type imo. 30-30/40, can be used in all situations. Maybe won't put up gaudy numbers though like 80-90.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
How can you gain anything about his 9 game stint when the team he is on A. Averaged 1 goal a game (literally) when he was here B. He was given garbage ice time by his clueless moronic head coach and C. He was given scrubs as line mates.

I expect Reinhart to he a 30-50-80 type player at his peak. Hopefully as a 1B Center behind Eichel.

StarvingHysterical

Oct 18, 2014
How can you gain anything about his 9 game stint when the team he is on A. Averaged 1 goal a game (literally) when he was here B. He was given garbage ice time by his clueless moronic head coach and C. He was given scrubs as line mates.

I expect Reinhart to he a 30-50-80 type player at his peak. Hopefully as a 1B Center behind Eichel.

Eichel? Why not McDavid?

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
He's a center drafted 2nd overall.

The hope is a Jonathan Toews-esque franchise player.

Is that realistic? Not sure, the kid is 18, impossible to tell.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
I believe his ceiling is Toews, but that's IF we can grow our talent around him as well. We need our Centers to be great, like a McEichel and Grigorenko. We need wingers who can really grind it out in corners and score (ex: Armia, Girgensons, etc...).

If we put the kid in a position to succeed, I think his ceiling is Toews. I truly believe in a couple seasons he'll be a our 2nd line Center aka "Shutdown" line.

Girgensons-Reinhart-(insert 3rd player here)

That line would score, shutdown people defensively, skate well, and grind the piss out of other teams.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I believe his ceiling is Toews, but that's IF we can grow our talent around him as well. We need our Centers to be great, like a McEichel and Grigorenko. We need wingers who can really grind it out in corners and score (ex: Armia, Girgensons, etc...).

If we put the kid in a position to succeed, I think his ceiling is Toews. I truly believe in a couple seasons he'll be a our 2nd line Center aka "Shutdown" line.

Girgensons-Reinhart-(insert 3rd player here)

That line would score, shutdown people defensively, skate well, and grind the piss out of other teams.

Girgensons-Reinhart-Compher...

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
He was the top forward taken in his draft year.

The last ten forwards to be first off the draft board are:
Nathan McKinnon
Nail Yakupov
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Taylor Hall
John Tavares
Steven Stamkos
Patrick Kane
Jordan Staal
Sidney Crosby
Alex Ovechkin

That puts Reinhart in pretty good company.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Direct player comparisons are so hard, but I'd say something akin to a Patrice Bergeron or a Toews. Offensively he's more of a playmaker than those two....but he's got the defensive chops just like those guys.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I've heard Adam Oats, Ron Francis, Zetterberg, Toews and if he develops into any one of those players I will be happy as can be. I'm not picky.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
He was a direct comparisson to a couple scouts in articles I read but I think majority of scouts generally agreed with Adam Oats.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Oates had nearly the defensive chops that Francis (the Selke winner) did.

A slightly smaller Ron Francis might be the best comparable.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Oates had nearly the defensive chops that Francis (the Selke winner) did.

A slightly smaller Ron Francis might be the best comparable.

He didn't, but Oates was a better playmaker, hence both of them coming up a lot in the discussion.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
He didn't, but Oates was a better playmaker, hence both of them coming up a lot in the discussion.

This is why I hate direct player-to-player comparison, especially with top-end guys. :laugh:

He's got a lot of Oates offensively, but I don't think he's going to be as shy to shoot as Oates was.

He's got a lot of Francis defensively, but he doesn't have the size/strength that Francis did.

I can also see a Zetterberg/Toews hybrid in him as well.

He's Sam Reinhart, and I'm damn glad he's ours. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad