What's Next

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Which one of these contenders is he going to un-seat as their top 2 line centers.

Krejici
Bergergon

Crosby
Malkin

Stamkos
Flipula + Purcell

Thornton
Pavelski

Among others...

And yes many contenders have 3rd liners better than Legwand. Plus, last time Legwand was regulated to the third line he had a 40 game goal drought.

I remain by my statement that Legwand is a 3rd-4th liner on a contender.

A "wannabe' may want to trade for him, but they are will remain wannabes.

I said I guess a 1st for him. That seems to be what everyone else says (+ maybe some take-a-flyer prospect). So there's no disagreement there.

Only reason he's getting a 1st is because he had a hot start to the season (and quickly asked for a contract extension--didn't get it--then quickly went back to normal Legwand). Any other year in the past 6, his value is a 2nd rd pick.

Quick fun fact...Legwand has scored 5 more goals than Joe Thornton. From a goal scoring only perspective he would help SJ.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Quick fun fact...Legwand has scored 5 more goals than Joe Thornton. From a goal scoring only perspective he would help SJ.
It maybe a fact but lacks any logic. You're suggesting that Legwand would unseat Joe Thornton in SJ?

And, SJ at their >3 goals per game don't need Lewgand's "goal scoring ability".

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Which one of these contenders is he going to un-seat as their top 2 line centers.

Krejici
Bergergon

Crosby
Malkin

Stamkos
Flipula + Purcell

Thornton
Pavelski

Among others...

And yes many contenders have 3rd liners better than Legwand. Plus, last time Legwand was regulated to the third line he had a 40 game goal drought.

I said I guess a 1st for him. That seems to be what everyone else says (+ maybe some take-a-flyer prospect). So there's no disagreement there.

Only reason he's getting a 1st is because he had a hot start to the season (and quickly asked for a contract extension--didn't get it--then quickly went back to normal Legwand). Any other year in the past 6, his value is a 2nd rd pick.

Obviously its the "wannabes" as you call them that would trade for him. If a caps team that was barely destined for the playoffs felt the panic to trade for erat, legwand can get a first out of 5-8 seed at the deadline. Sure his value might be a 2nd to a real contender as you put it, but they don't need him and won't be the ones calling poile on the deadline to ask.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
It maybe a fact but lacks any logic. You're suggesting that Legwand would unseat Joe Thornton in SJ?

And, SJ at their >3 goals per game don't need Lewgand's "goal scoring ability".

I did not suggest that, I merely pointed out Legwand has more goals and a player like Legwand could help SJ top six. Having Legwand means SJ could load up 2 lines. Marleau-Thornton-Couture and Pavelski-Legwand-Hertl for example.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
oooh forgot about him. SO they can protect Hertl on a line of grinders. my point still stands that a team like SJ can use him in the top six.
Sorry, no real contender wants Legwand in their top 6. And SJ has NO problems scoring goals. And to suggest that Legwand is a goal scorer, well not sure what say to that. If they have injury issues they might resort to it, but it isn't plan A. Also, Legwand has barely played wing and certainly didn't put up big numbers when he did.

Either a contender will trade for him for depth/insurance, or a "wannabe" will trade for him because they have a hole. There are plenty of "wannabes" with better top2 line centers too.

Everyone likes to use extreme outlier examples when looking at value. It's a possibility things get crazy and someone overbids (I hope they do), but I wouldn't count on it. A 1st is a decent return.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Don't think he was calling him a goal scorer, just provided a stat that is fact, Legwand has more goals than jumbo joe.
And you can buy a house in Detroit for cheap. Maybe we should all move there.

"From a goal scoring only perspective he would help SJ." I read that as SJ will score more goals with Legwand than Thornton.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
And you can buy a house in Detroit for cheap. Maybe we should all move there.

"From a goal scoring only perspective he would help SJ." I read that as SJ will score more goals with Legwand than Thornton.

I was referring to his original post stating fact, nothing more nothing less. What you quoted is opinion not the fact he's referring to or what I was as well.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
I was referring to his original post stating fact, nothing more nothing less. What you quoted is opinion not the fact he's referring to or what I was as well.
This has to be one of the dumbest conversations ever.

Yes, Joe Thorton is not a goal scorer. MANY Nhlers have more goals and we play that dumb stat game with just about anyone. But he also happens to lead the NHL in assists and probably the best setup man of this generation and is the catalyst of their offense.

Seriously, our "little victories" is getting absurd. David Legwand has more goals than Joe Thornton. Paul Gaustad may match his career high of 12 goals.

Here's some more I can add...

- Mike Fisher has a 48% faceoff percentage, whereas Ryan Getzlaf only has 47.9.

- Eric Nystom has 1 short handed goal, to Crosby's ZERO.

- Nick Spaling has played 47 games, where as Stamkos has played a lousy 14 total.

- Stallberg is -12, where as Ovechkin is -15. Who is helping their team more, Ovi?

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008

Krejici
Bergergon

Crosby
Malkin

Stamkos
Flipula + Purcell

Thornton
Pavelski

Among others...

So say 6 teams what ablut the other say 15 that are lookig to get into playoffs or make some noise there lets say mon, njd , chi, cbj, Ana, min,pnx,dal and many others. Im sure a few of them would offer a 1st+ in a week draft and im sure he would play in a top 6 for many.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
This has to be one of the dumbest conversations ever.

Yes, Joe Thorton is not a goal scorer. MANY Nhlers have more goals and we play that dumb stat game with just about anyone. But he also happens to lead the NHL in assists and probably the best setup man of this generation and is the catalyst of their offense.

Seriously, our "little victories" is getting absurd. David Legwand has more goals than Joe Thornton. Paul Gaustad may match his career high of 12 goals.

Here's some more I can add...

- Mike Fisher has a 48% faceoff percentage, whereas Ryan Getzlaf only has 47.9.

- Eric Nystom has 1 short handed goal, to Crosby's ZERO.

- Nick Spaling has played 47 games, where as Stamkos has played a lousy 14 total.

- Stallberg is -12, where as Ovechkin is -15. Who is helping their team more, Ovi?

You make me laugh. In a good way of course. If you're in the Nashville area we need to meet up at a game or somewhere to watch a game and talk preds. It would be a hoot.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
You make me laugh. In a good way of course. If you're in the Nashville area we need to meet up at a game or somewhere to watch a game and talk preds. It would be a hoot.
Glad I can provide entertainment. I don't live in Nashville anymore but come back often.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Save $$$$

Long term a little bit. Short term not so much.

Dubnyk <-- Hendricks Saved 100k, Long term hell yes.

MDZ <-----Klein Saved 350K, Long term yes but Klein was on a sweetheart deal.

Short term roster wise: Dubnyk plugs a hole at goal. MDZ evens out the defenseman core.

Josi-Weber
MDZ-Jones
Ekholm-Ellis
Bartley

Long term there could be some roster flexibility but not much. Klein's contract vs MDZ's RFA status. Leads me to the question who's the next Ads d-man ready to come up? Bitetto?

Other question, does this say something about Seth Jones development? Jones did jump Klein in TOI/G.

I have this nagging feeling Legwand and Ellis to Carolina for something. What? Not sure. If it's Lindholm I will polish Poile's statue for the rest of my life.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Long term a little bit. Short term not so much.

Dubnyk <-- Hendricks Saved 100k, Long term hell yes.

MDZ <-----Klein Saved 350K, Long term yes but Klein was on a sweetheart deal.

Short term roster wise: Dubnyk plugs a hole at goal. MDZ evens out the defenseman core.

Josi-Weber
MDZ-Jones
Ekholm-Ellis
Bartley

Long term there could be some roster flexibility but not much. Klein's contract vs MDZ's RFA status. Leads me to the question who's the next Ads d-man ready to come up? Bitetto?

Other question, does this say something about Seth Jones development? Jones did jump Klein in TOI/G.

I have this nagging feeling Legwand and Ellis to Carolina for something. What? Not sure. If it's Lindholm I will polish Poile's statue for the rest of my life.

Could not be Lindholm that would make me happy. If you guys recall the draft banter I was high on him over Barkov.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
what possible interest would Carolina have in Legwand? They are as out of the playoffs as we are.

If they want him they will just wait and sign him this summer when it won't cost them an asset

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
what possible interest would Carolina have in Legwand? They are as out of the playoffs as we are.

If they want him they will just wait and sign him this summer when it won't cost them an asset

Carolina is a lot closer to a playoff spot then us. They are only 3 pts out. The bigger question would be whether Legwand would waive his NTC to go to Carolina.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Could not be Lindholm that would make me happy. If you guys recall the draft banter I was high on him over Barkov.

Lindholm is the type of young center that we need to build around. I believe we would have to add something to Legwand besides Ellis to land him however.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Lindholm is the type of young center that we need to build around. I believe we would have to add something to Legwand besides Ellis to land him however.

like we had to add to a less productive player in Erat to get Forsberg. I'd give up a Milwaukee 3rd liner/NHL 4th liner to get another prospect like FF.

But I would alos like to see Legwand stay here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad