What's more boring: all close games but a sweep, or all blowout games but it goes 7?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
All close games.

Hate to watch blowouts as a game. Think, as a game7 blowout doesn't matter, it has been a great series, if there's 6 close games and 3-3. The deciding game can be anything.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
What constitutes a blowout? Is 5-2 a blowout?

What if the score is 3-2 most of the game, then the trailing team thinks they tie it but the goal is called back for interference after review, then the leading team scores a goal with two minutes left (4-2), then a couple empty netters (5-2, 6-2 final score)?

What is the score is 3-0 most of the game, and the trailing team scores a goal in the final minute (3-1 final score)? Is that not a blowout?

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I’d take this panthers-canes series over the early round series that went 6 or 7 but we’re mostly trading blowouts

4 game sweep but close games

Last nights game was pretty pretty good

Reactions: Monk

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
7 game series for sure. By the time your team is down 3-0 or 3-1, it’s sort of like “ok when will it end.” Boston-Florida game 5 was like… it didn’t even happen. But overall there were 4 or 5 of 7 awesome games. In a sweep it’s kind like ok the first 2, maaaybe game 3 can be good for neutral viewership.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
The Jets-Oilers series a couple years ago was really exciting (at least IMO) even though it was technically a sweep.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well, the Panthers-Canes one had all close games but it's a 4-0 sweep. Was it an interesting series? No, not really.

If it went to game 7 but all 7 games were blowouts, we could at least have speculated about the outcome before game 7.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
7 game blowouts AINEC
I read a lot of people liking this years playoffs but I think it’s been one of the worst playoffs I ever remember, with a real lack of intensity. Only entertaining part of the playoffs for me has been “We Want Florida”, Dubas going unhinged and trying to fight fans in the crowd & the Leafs being down 3-0 to Florida.

I agree, there hasn't been much drama in this playoffs. Surprises? Absolutely, but I feel like there have been very few close games and only a handful of series really went down to the wire. Kind of a snoozefest playoffs for fans of neutral teams.

Can't really answer your question because both scenarios would be boring to watch. I'd take the 7 game series if at least game 7 was close, but no one enjoys watching a blow out and I tune out of series when teams are up 3-0. Last night was the first game of the 3rd round I didn't watch and tonight will be my 2nd.

Blues-B's went to 7 games.

This series was more entertaining.

So a sweep can be better.

The only people who would think this series was more entertaining are Panthers fans. What a head-scratching comment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad