What's more boring: all close games but a sweep, or all blowout games but it goes 7?

acor

Jan 13, 2012
First 3 games, "close sweep" would be more entertaining, later- blowouts...

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
7 game blowouts AINEC
I read a lot of people liking this years playoffs but I think it’s been one of the worst playoffs I ever remember, with a real lack of intensity. Only entertaining part of the playoffs for me has been “We Want Florida”, Dubas going unhinged and trying to fight fans in the crowd & the Leafs being down 3-0 to Florida.

Hidden

Ghost
Dec 11, 2014
Random
Personal standpoint prefer close games even if it's sweep, because if it's like 4-1 after first period and something like 6-1 in half way second, might just well close the stream/tv and go do something else for rest of the time. 99% time there is no comeback from that, so watching rest is meaningless for me.

Meanwhile matches that are even/close to last second or go even OT there is whole a lot entertainment when you want to see which one comes out on top. Sure if it's match where both teams are super passive and scared/uninterested then it's boring too, but much less likely to happen in playoffs.

Last edited:

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
Depends whether you want to actually want the game or just scoreboard watch. If you're watching the full game, a close sweep is definitely more entertaining.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Interesting question. I think that it depends on the teams involved. If the teams have a hatred of each other (like Det/Col 15 years ago), I would prefer the close games in a sweep. If the teams don’t have such a history, go with the blowouts and watch the game 7 dice-roll.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
There have been multiple sweeps in the past that made me wish they could play more than 4 games, neither team plays with any intensity when it’s 5-1 after 25 minutes and that’s boring. Canes vs. Devils from last night is the perfect example of that, Devils had already rolled over and Carolina was just preserving energy for the next game and dumping the puck in after the red line.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Close games , but a sweep, if game goes 6-1 in middle of game, I usually move on to a different show, and periodically check if there is a comeback happening.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
It's not unusual for me to miss the beginning of a game. If I check a score and it's already 5-1, it's unlikely I'd even turn that game on. So I went with close games but a sweep.

Reactions: Hidden

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
This 2nd round has been garbage. Aside from the Leafs/Panthers, almost all the games have been over early. Doesn't matter if the series goes long if all the games are over half way through the 2nd period.

Reactions: Hidden

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
7 game blowouts AINEC
I read a lot of people liking this years playoffs but I think it’s been one of the worst playoffs I ever remember, with a real lack of intensity. Only entertaining part of the playoffs for me has been “We Want Florida”, Dubas going unhinged and trying to fight fans in the crowd & the Leafs being down 3-0 to Florida.
I think you disliking this playoffs has more to do with the Rangers choking but hey, maybe I’m wrong ☺️

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
All close games but a sweep are more fun

Close games are suspenseful. The other option can be fun in a sense, but if the games weren’t close I probably haven’t been following closely and don’t care

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
4 close games are better than 7 blowouts.

This round has been mind-numbing. It feels like every team has packed it in half way through the game and said ‘f*** it, we’re losing, save your energy for next game boys’

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
If Game 7 is decided by the end of the first period it really isn't a "game 7". I would rather a have 4 OT games and a sweep

Leafs and Panthers has been okay. But the rest have no drama at all going into the 3rd period. You are flipping to Netflix after period 2

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Not even a question

A blowout is turned off after the first period to go watch Frasier re-runs

4 entertaining games > 0 entertaining games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad