Whats happening? Camps open in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Haven't heard anything yet. But since the province has said they won't be moving beyond phase 3 (or stage 3 or whatever they call it) right now, I assume it's going to be tricky to have fans in the arenas in a couple of months, as things will only get worse (# of cases wise, which seems to be the only thing that matters).

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I dont think they have all the rules n regulations yet on wgat a season coukd bring.
So in holding pattern.
Fans would be too.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
As far as my knowledge training camps are set for the week of September 4th. As for STH information I would expect that will be announced around the training camps that are ever getting closer. No ticket limitations have been set yet for Owen Sound but would imagine that it will be a STH only season to start and then if there's wiggle room then add a limited number of walk-up sales to the building.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
It is my understanding that it isn’t up to the teams at all - unless the venue is owned by the team but even still, their hands will be tied by health units. In the Sault, the city owns the arena and will operate based on Algoma Public Health mandates. Right now, 1000 can be in the arena (masking and vaccine restrictions to be determined). The rumour around the Sault is that in an effort to accommodate the 1000 person capacity, they will likely not honour anything but walk up ticket sales. Around 5000 can be in the arena and 3200-3500 are season ticket holders. It sounds like there isn’t an appetite to run a lottery system and just have the first 1000 at the door get access.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
It is my understanding that it isn’t up to the teams at all - unless the venue is owned by the team but even still, their hands will be tied by health units. In the Sault, the city owns the arena and will operate based on Algoma Public Health mandates. Right now, 1000 can be in the arena (masking and vaccine restrictions to be determined). The rumour around the Sault is that in an effort to accommodate the 1000 person capacity, they will likely not honour anything but walk up ticket sales. Around 5000 can be in the arena and 3200-3500 are season ticket holders. It sounds like there isn’t an appetite to run a lottery system and just have the first 1000 at the door get access.

Yikes. That seems like it could end in some chaos.

I feel like it’d be better to divide the games up evenly (about 11 home games per STH) at prorated cost. If people don’t want to do that I’m sure there are others who would like to take their spots for now.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
So, where are we at currently rn, capacity and re-openingwise?

The border, currently Americans can enter Canada as long as they are fully faxed, they will require a random PCR test at the boarder, no quarantine.
Canadians entering Canada can not be denied entry and forgo the 14 day quarantine if fully vaccinated, must have negative PCR test in the US if entering from the US.
Americans can not be denied re-entry into the US.
No non-essential travel to the US for Canadians. Must fly into the US from Canada.

The current GO Stage 3 plan call for what, 1000 max indoors?
Current reopening plans on hold pattern?

Seasons sticker holder have purchased tickets for regular season. Schedule it posted.

Would it be a fair assessment that we are not much further along in the process? Other then teams are permitted to play.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
So, where are we at currently rn, capacity and re-openingwise?

The border, currently Americans can enter Canada as long as they are fully faxed, they will require a random PCR test at the boarder, no quarantine.
Canadians entering Canada can not be denied entry and forgo the 14 day quarantine if fully vaccinated, must have negative PCR test in the US if entering from the US.
Americans can not be denied re-entry into the US.
No non-essential travel to the US for Canadians. Must fly into the US from Canada.

The current GO Stage 3 plan call for what, 1000 max indoors?
Current reopening plans on hold pattern?

Seasons sticker holder have purchased tickets for regular season. Schedule it posted.

Would it be a fair assessment that we are not much further along in the process? Other then teams are permitted to play.

1000 is the number that I’ve seen floating around. Cases are slowly going up again, though Ford and co. don’t seem to understand that’s what happens when things start to reopen, so I could see the number staying around 1000 for the near future, hopefully increasing as the season progresses if all goes as planned.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
1000 is the number that I’ve seen floating around. Cases are slowly going up again, though Ford and co. don’t seem to understand that’s what happens when things start to reopen, so I could see the number staying around 1000 for the near future, hopefully increasing as the season progresses if all goes as planned.

Yeah, I don't expect we'll really see OHL hockey this season (They can't afford to cancel another season, but this will be tough to pull off). 1000 won't cover all season ticket holders and it's most likely the capacity limits will go down as cases keep rising. Maybe fall 0f 2022 we'll get to return to seeing in-person games the way we used to.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
As far as my knowledge training camps are set for the week of September 4th. As for STH information I would expect that will be announced around the training camps that are ever getting closer. No ticket limitations have been set yet for Owen Sound but would imagine that it will be a STH only season to start and then if there's wiggle room then add a limited number of walk-up sales to the building.

The Attack open on the 30th of August, I think Sarnia is as well

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I wouldn’t get too excited. I have a feeling that based on the spread rate of Delta (near R Rate of 7.0), a large percentage of those that are unvaccinated will likely contract the virus this winter. In addition, there is emerging evidence of serious reinfection for those more vulnerable that had their shots early. It seems like we are now getting evidence of waning efficacy over time. That means much of the elderly and vulnerable will require a booster shot later in the fall.

The above may not play a significant factor in hospitalizations BUT it will probably be concerning enough to keep large indoor event attendance from growing higher than it currently stands. I would be surprised if attendance in Ontario goes beyond 25% capacity through the entire winter. I don’t think e will see full scale lockdowns or significant shut downs but those indoor arena style events will probably remain significantly impacted.

It will be interesting to see what the OHL does and maybe more significantly, what each OHL team does to prioritize attendance. Will the teams suspend Season Tickets and sell only game day tickets at a higher price? Will any teams risk alienating their season ticket base? Or will Season ticket holders get an opportunity on a game rotation basis?

It is going to be an interesting season and I am anxious to see how it all unfolds.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Apparently NID’s sent email to STH’s. 1000 tickets on sale for the Exhibition games. No assigned seats, general seating.

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
The OHL knew this was coming, and has already implemented a policy for its players, staff and billets. Large gathering spaces over 1,000 people will be designated as high-risk and vaccination policies will get put into place. This shouldn't be a shock to anyone, if your not vaccinated you won't get into an OHL hockey game.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
The OHL knew this was coming, and has already implemented a policy for its players, staff and billets. Large gathering spaces over 1,000 people will be designated as high-risk and vaccination policies will get put into place. This shouldn't be a shock to anyone, if your not vaccinated you won't get into an OHL hockey game.

Yep, my only hope is that a vaccine passport will be implemented and so maybe, just maybe, we'll get to sit in the stands and watch some games, at least.

Reactions: OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I know vaccine passports have been a huge debate topic but, at some point, something has to give. Assuming everything continues as planned, I can see the OHL saying fans have to be double vaxxed or show proof of negative covid test no more than 72-hours prior to entering. Frankly, a vaccine passport would be easier - scan, beep, scan, beep, go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln