What's going on with Erik Karlsson?

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I said this from the beginning, after understanding the severity of his injury and the following sureries.

Write him off this season, he will not be the same. If anything, he might be a little closer and can have an impact IF Ottawa makes the playoffs.

Reactions: MajorLeafsFan

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
People wrote Stamkos off after his injury issues but, now that he's finally 100%, he's back to form.

Same thing will happen with Karlsson - throw this season out the window, but hopefully he'll be back next season 100% healthy. If he has a full off-season to train instead of rehab, he will be back with a vengeance.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Do people even realize that after you get injured you have to heal and during that time you cannot practice or train to make yourself better? Just the opposite actually; you can't train so you'll be a bit worse. Why does everyone assume that after a player comes back from an injury, there's something wrong with him because he doesn't just start from where he left off? It's normal.

MajorLeafsFan

Jul 19, 2017
Do people even realize that after you get injured you have to heal and during that time you cannot practice or train to make yourself better? Just the opposite actually; you can't train so you'll be a bit worse. Why does everyone assume that after a player comes back from an injury, there's something wrong with him because he doesn't just start from where he left off? It's normal.
I wasn't implying that he'd be the same guy as last year after surgery. I was saying more along the lines of what's happened in the last 7 games

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I wasn't implying that he'd be the same guy as last year after surgery. I was saying more along the lines of what's happened in the last 7 games

I wouldn't say anythings changed for Karlsson, its been more the team as a whole that's seen their play go downhill since the return from Sweden. The struggles for Karlsson has been apparent all year, even when he had 17 points in 11 games he wasn't playing good.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Probably wishes his GM protected his longtime partner on the blue line.

It's crazy because it all comes back to the Phaneuf trade.

Not only does he eat up 7 million of your cap, his refusal to waive his NMC(his right) made them lose Methot.

And IMO, he's been just OKAY on the Sens, nothing great.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
I find this joke hilarious but....
Matt Duchene is a bad luck charm or so it seems. MacKinnon and the Avs feel like a better team after trading him and Ottawa seems like a good team affected by some virus.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
As much as the Hockey world enjoyed him in last years playoffs pushing through an injury and carrying his team, that was a REALLY bad idea with that specific injury. Normally people have to stay off an fractured foot and ankle for at least 6 weeks, definitely not play NHL playoff hockey. They had to take out half his ankle bone and glue it back together in the surgery over the summer.

This is still the freak that came back from having his Achillies cut open like it was nothing.

Still... Really hope that there's no permanent damage, he's a favourite of mine.

Reactions: rosenqvist

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
are we sure he didn't have his leg amputated? I mean look how he played on a broken foot, for an injury to be the cause of his slump it would need to be pretty significant. My guess is he's just getting acclimated to having a new partner, along with a bit of a slump team wide.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
when do we turn the pitchforks to ottawa's trainers and management for allowing him to absolutely wreck his ankle and sacrifice his long-term health for a few playoff wins last season? cause i don't even like the guy and i'm outraged at the fact that no one said "no, we're not allowing you to play any more"

Reactions: rosenqvist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad