What's eating Gilbert Grape? I mean Elias Pettersson!

What do you think is going on with Elias Pettersson?

• 1. He is playing hurt

• 2. No not hurt, just slumping

• 3. Baby, diva, trade his ass

• 4. Who cares, just sign him ASAP

Results are only viewable after voting.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I work in physio so I was one of the most vehement defenders of Boeser.
So you know all those wrist injuries will take a toll. What has he had three wrist operations now or is it four going back to his college days?
Plus the back.

I am very curious as to why what he had to go through was so much worse the Markstrom or other players?
A very sad and drawn out event but long enough to come to terms eventually.
Yes it can effect everyone differently but sympathy okay excuses maybe but a total pass?
What his dad went through was horrible, I know, Aphasia AND Alzimers, two.
His injuries have been nothing to ignore.

Last edited:

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
We know he's injured. Given the Canucks have banked points and the state of the rest of the Pacific Division, the best course of action would be to rest Petey and get him healthy for the second half of the season, rather than trot him out at 50% and see him get progressively worse.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
We know he's injured. Given the Canucks have banked points and the state of the rest of the Pacific Division, the best course of action would be to rest Petey and get him healthy for the second half of the season, rather than trot him out at 50% and see him get progressively worse.

We don't know that playing through whatever he's playing through is hampering recovery. If it isn't, Petey at 50% is still better than Sheldon Dries or whoever else the next C from Abbotsford would be.

I will say he looked a lot more like his old self vs Calgary, hopefully that continues.

Reactions: PavelBure10

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
We don't know that playing through whatever he's playing through is hampering recovery. If it isn't, Petey at 50% is still better than Sheldon Dries or whoever else the next C from Abbotsford would be.

I will say he looked a lot more like his old self vs Calgary, hopefully that continues.
I am aware that Petey at 50% is better than a replacement level player. I acknowledged that. My argument is that it would be more beneficial to have him healthy for the stretch run and playoffs than to keep sending him out at 50%. Given the points banked, and the weakness in the Pacific, the Canucks can afford to take a short-term hit if it means they get elite Petey back later.

To my eye, he certainly doesn't look like he's improving. His mobility is really poor.

Reactions: supercanuck

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
I am aware that Petey at 50% is better than a replacement level player. I acknowledged that. My argument is that it would be more beneficial to have him healthy for the stretch run and playoffs than to keep sending him out at 50%. Given the points banked, and the weakness in the Pacific, the Canucks can afford to take a short-term hit if it means they get elite Petey back later.

To my eye, he certainly doesn't look like he's improving. His mobility is really poor.

If resting him would have him back at 100% sooner, totally agree. Just not certain that's the case.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016

Was at the Vegas game and I thought it was very noticeable how he was trying to speed up to get back into the play and but he just couldn't do it...just lagged behind anyways

His play is reminiscent of his last injury that shut down his season.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Was at the Vegas game and I thought it was very noticeable how he was trying to speed up to get back into the play and but he just couldn't do it...just lagged behind anyways

His play is reminiscent of his last injury that shut down his season.
Yep. His stride just looks really laboured. He can't move very well. They should just sit him.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
He's been better the past couple games

Was very engaged in plays

Though I think he needs linemates that suits him, he cant play North-South hockey

Was thinking about that...he's talented enough to succeed regardless, IMO, but Tocchet's style of play seems much better suited for someone like JT than EP.

Reactions: vanarchy

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Was thinking about that...he's talented enough to succeed regardless, IMO, but Tocchet's style of play seems much better suited for someone like JT than EP.
It definitely is.

Petey looked a bit better last game but he's still struggling with even receiving passes most of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3