What's Byfuglien worth to you?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
My main motivation for trading Buff now is that by the time we are ready to do some damage in the playoffs, he will most likely be gone, and for nothing. You can't ignore that.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I'll always have a spot in my heart for Buff solely on this moment:

BUFFHOTDOG.jpg

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
^^ I also like how outraged the asian dude in glasses two spots to the right of her looks

Last edited:

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I think he's looked dangerous a forward. He can single handedly create scoring chances and crush defensemen on the forecheck. And he could possibly get better with more games there. I want to keep him until at least the end of the season to see how he does at forward.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
My main motivation for trading Buff now is that by the time we are ready to do some damage in the playoffs, he will most likely be gone, and for nothing. You can't ignore that.

I don't see why he would have to be gone by this spring

:sarcasm:

Aela*

While there is an element of unknown in what he will do as a forward here - he had multiple seasons worth of sample at forward in Chicago.

Where he was, as far as I know, relegated to a non scoring role, asked to be a PWF, and treated like a 3rd/4th liner. Here he's getting more minutes with people like Scheifele, Wheeler, etc.

I do think it would be good to trade him to load up for when Scheifele/Trouba/Morrissey are in their prime, but I don't think we should trade him for prospects that are years away and still unknown. Trade him 1 for 1 or with a small plus for someone that is a very good blue chip piece. Skinner, Eberle, Stepan, Seguin, etc.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
A few weeks back when we were floundering with Claude I was all in favor of moving Buff, but having made the coaching change I think they give PM a few more weeks to analyze this lineup. Personally I like this current lineup and could see them making the playoffs next season with this group plus a couple minor upgrades such as another solid 12 minute D and maybe a 4th liner.

That being said, if a team like Pitt were to make a crazy offer like Maatta and Bennett, you would have to take it.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
A few weeks back when we were floundering with Claude I was all in favor of moving Buff, but having made the coaching change I think they give PM a few more weeks to analyze this lineup. Personally I like this current lineup and could see them making the playoffs next season with this group plus a couple minor upgrades such as another solid 12 minute D and maybe a 4th liner.

That being said, if a team like Pitt were to make a crazy offer like Maatta and Bennett, you would have to take it.

There's no way they'll offer Maatta, but if it was Harrington or Despres and Bennett (and a pick), you'd take it as well, i think.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Do you guys really think that Pittsburgh is going to give up two... wait probably yeah. They won't give up their forwards and Beau Bennett is injured. Guy is a little injury prone already, so I'll pass on him.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
No I don't see any possibility of them giving up Maatta, I'm just suggesting that as a "crazy offer". Perhaps a more realistic Pitt deal would be Despres and a 2nd or Pouliot straight up.......although I doubt that Pouliot would be available either.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
No I don't see any possibility of them giving up Maatta, I'm just suggesting that as a "crazy offer". Perhaps a more realistic Pitt deal would be Despres and a 2nd or Pouliot straight up.......although I doubt that Pouliot would be available either.

Shero needs to let his picks develop because they're actually good. Although if they have any more injuries they're going to need to do a trade. I mean they picked up Taylor Pyatt on waivers they were so desperate for a body to put in the lineup :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad