GDT: What's a Wild anyway, MIN(8-10-4) @ CGY(10-11-3) 7PM SNW

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Give Wolf the net and let’s see what he can do. Vladar has done nothing to deserve the net this year (or last)

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
giphy.gif

Lets see some trades.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boomstick

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I’m not happy about giving this goaltending coaching staff the keys to Dustin Wolf. Vladar and Swayman weren’t too different in ability a few years ago but their trajectories been gone wildly different. Bruins fans thought we made out like bandits at the time of the trade.
It's the frozen yogurt of frozen treats.
Them and the Blues have been my least favourite opponents for a very long time now. The games are either total snoozefests (90% of the time) or we get comprehensively outplayed

Reactions: NinjaTurtle and Fig

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I’m not happy about giving this goaltending coaching staff the keys to Dustin Wolf. Vladar and Swayman weren’t too different in ability a few years ago but their trajectories have gone wildly different. Bruins fans thought we made out like bandits at the time of the trade.

Them and the Blues have been my least favourite opponents for a very long time now. The games are either total snoozefests (90% of the time) or we get comprehensively outplayed
They only played on the Bruins at the same time one season with wildly different results don't think they were that close.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I’m not happy about giving this goaltending coaching staff the keys to Dustin Wolf. Vladar and Swayman weren’t too different in ability a few years ago but their trajectories have gone wildly different. Bruins fans thought we made out like bandits at the time of the trade.

One or a dozen games during a starters injury isn't giving him the keys though.

Seriously though. We'd be fine if we gifted lindholm, Hanifin and Tanev for free if we grabbed a goalie factory coach in someone like Clark. I want that more than pieces. Markstrom probably wins a vezina and wolf the calder if we get Clark.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Can someone check on Robert and see if he has not had a stroke? Wow he is some mad tonight

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Well that was the 13th game this season where the Flames anemic offense was unable to score more than 2 goals. 13 games out of 25... sad. Trading players for mid to late round draft picks won't fix this.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
A couple games ago, I said could Calgary go 0-5 or 5-0.
Since then, it's 1-2. I think it's probably best for everyone involved if we go 1-4 here now and just start moving people out. This team isn't built to compete.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
A couple games ago, I said could Calgary go 0-5 or 5-0.
Since then, it's 1-2. I think it's probably best for everyone involved if we go 1-4 here now and just start moving people out. This team isn't built to compete.
No game breakers and the UFAs all want out any way. Time to blow it up. Not that I don't think the team could get a wild card, but it's time to reload.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
No game breakers and the UFAs all want out any way. Time to blow it up. Not that I don't think the team could get a wild card, but it's time to reload.

I mean, get into the wildcard on the backs of some of the younger guys and the big ticket players you're paying to be stars; know what I mean?

Lindholm and Hanifin should return an absolute haul for this club. Like, in theory, they should return a rebuild kickstart... big dog prospect and firsts kind of thing.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Lindholm and Hanifin should return an absolute haul for this club. Like, in theory, they should return a rebuild kickstart... big dog prospect and firsts kind of thing.
I am not sure about that. Couple of 1st from a contender is probably all we are going to get

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I am not sure about that. Couple of 1st from a contender is probably all we are going to get
A could firsts could be huge especially if we bottom out. That gives a chance a couple more Zary's or Andersson's while hopefully getting a game breaker with our own pick.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Maybe Minnesota is in the market for Lindholm by the TDL with how they’ve started playing. Unfortunately the eastern conference teams already traded away everything of value last year, we are probably gonna have to move the UFAs in conference

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Exactly. And those 1sts will be late firsts and chances will be very slim we draft a game breaker in those spots. We just get more of what we already have.... Titantic and deck chairs.
I'm all for trading those players... not because of the draft picks we get but because it will make the Flames worse and our chances of drafting high in the next few drafts improves considerably.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I mean, get into the wildcard on the backs of some of the younger guys and the big ticket players you're paying to be stars; know what I mean?

Any haul the Flames get will very likely not result in the game breaking franchise player this club desperately needs. Just more good depth players.
This club needs to draft in the top 3 at least a couple of times to get a game breaker.
We need to stop pissing around and tank like we mean it.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Any haul the Flames get will very likely not result in the game breaking franchise player this club desperately needs. Just more good depth players.
This club needs to draft in the top 3 at least a couple of times to get a game breaker.

I mean, when you move Lindholm, Hanifin and Tanev, I think it opens up a lot of holes in the lineup. This team already has issues defending, removing two of its most consistent defenders would likely cause all kinds of issues.

Right now Calgary sits 23rd in P%, which would be the 8th overall selection. Edmonton, Buffalo and Seattle aren't teams that are actively tanking, so in theory those should surpass Calgary. Then you're drafting 5th if you can't win the lotto. I mean, you can get a franchise guy at 4/5. Look at Vancouver, they're doing it off the backs of a 5 and a 7th overall.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Wish the team got some business done in the summer. One foot in and one foot out was never going to work.
Yegor Sharangovich: Am I the joke to you?

But yeah, I think there just wasn't enough certainty before free agency, and teams filled out their rosters shortly after eating all the available cap space. So the next best deals will be at the trade deadline, or in Tanev's case, as soon as a decent offer comes along. (injury risk is higher)

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Yegor Sharangovich: Am I the joke to you?

But yeah, I think there just wasn't enough certainty before free agency, and teams filled out their rosters shortly after eating all the available cap space. So the next best deals will be at the trade deadline, or in Tanev's case, as soon as a decent offer comes along. (injury risk is higher)
Should've said more business done. The team left too much on the table to start the deal, and the disastrous start pretty much sealed our fate. Should've either doubled down or sold off more pieces sooner imo.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
You can't trade for game breaking talent that so rarely happens. But these extra picks can help fill out the team so it isn't just 1 or 2 guys having to do all the work. Elite talent is obviously very important but the depth is just as important.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I mean, when you move Lindholm, Hanifin and Tanev, I think it opens up a lot of holes in the lineup. This team already has issues defending, removing two of its most consistent defenders would likely cause all kinds of issues.

Right now Calgary sits 23rd in P%, which would be the 8th overall selection. Edmonton, Buffalo and Seattle aren't teams that are actively tanking, so in theory those should surpass Calgary. Then you're drafting 5th if you can't win the lotto. I mean, you can get a franchise guy at 4/5. Look at Vancouver, they're doing it off the backs of a 5 and a 7th overall.
Not to mention Calgary already drafted a franchise player at 6 in 2016.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad