Blue Jays Discussion: Whatever the Spring Training record is, it's not good enough. Cut everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByeByeBylsma*

Can some explain this schedule to me? We start with the Yankees on April 6, have a day off, and then close out the series on the 8th and 9th. I've never seen a day off in the middle of a series like this before.

Also, why not start the season on Saturday afternoon? Seems a waste of ratings to piss away your first weekend with just one night game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Can some explain this schedule to me? We start with the Yankees on April 6, have a day off, and then close out the series on the 8th and 9th. I've never seen a day off in the middle of a series like this before.

Also, why not start the season on Saturday afternoon? Seems a waste of ratings to piss away your first weekend with just one night game.

Pretty regular occurrence early in the season.

They schedule off days early in the schedule in case of poor weather in the northern climate cities.

Pretty sure the same thing happened last year or the year before. They opened the season, had a day off and then completed the series.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Pretty regular occurrence early in the season.

They schedule off days early in the schedule in case of poor weather in the northern climate cities.

Pretty sure the same thing happened last year or the year before. They opened the season, had a day off and then completed the series.

Yeah this has been going on for a long time now. If opening day is rained/snowed out, they don't want it to hinder the rest of the series.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Last year they started in Tampa, so off days weren't needed.

And the year before there were no off days in the middle of an early series. Why do I remember that happening? Maybe it was another team.

I can specifically remember a game, an off day and then finishing the series.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Last year they started in Tampa, so off days weren't needed.

And the year before there were no off days in the middle of an early series. Why do I remember that happening? Maybe it was another team.

I can specifically remember a game, an off day and then finishing the series.

2013 we were at home against the Indians and didn't need the off day for potential weather issues. 2012 we were on the road against the Indians so there was an off day.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Just dreaming.

If Norris works out. If Sanchez works out. Stroman comes back in a year. Hutch has a break out year.

Imagine the payroll that frees when Dickey and Buehrle are no longer needed.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
jenkins and schultz sent to minor league camp. Was hoping to see Jenkins do well. Season is long maybe he can get his act together in Buffalo. We will defi itely need all hand on deck

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Just dreaming.

If Norris works out. If Sanchez works out. Stroman comes back in a year. Hutch has a break out year.

Imagine the payroll that frees when Dickey and Buehrle are no longer needed.

Norris
Sanchez
Stroman
Hutchison
Hoffman
Castro
Osuna

In a few yrs take your pick !

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
jenkins and schultz sent to minor league camp. Was hoping to see Jenkins do well. Season is long maybe he can get his act together in Buffalo. We will defi itely need all hand on deck

Schultz might be the closer in Triple A.

Message being sent to Jenkins. He was asked to start using a cutter this year to make him more effective vs. lefties and he didn't respond well.

That info courtesy of Jeff Blair this morning.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Schultz might be the closer in Triple A.

Message being sent to Jenkins. He was asked to start using a cutter this year to make him more effective vs. lefties and he didn't respond well.

That info courtesy of Jeff Blair this morning.

Havent seen the last of Schultz he was really good. It was only pre games but still. Look at Dellin Betances in NY he has been getting killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad