OT: Whatcha Eatin' - Second Course

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Prep’n a little Waygu goodness for the evenings dinnig.

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpeg
    IMG_0176.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 2

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Am I missing the luster of an expensive dinner? Went to a steakhouse in northern Atlanta on Friday. A ton of money spent. The steak was good but what is draw?

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Am I missing the luster of an expensive dinner? Went to a steakhouse in northern Atlanta on Friday. A ton of money spent. The steak was good but what is draw?

Where'd you go? I love a steakhouse dinner but could see your disappointment as it's mostly just a really expensive steak.

Take the same money to one of our 5 new shiny Michelin Starred restaurants next time and I bet you'd have a different take on the "expensive dinner."

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Where'd you go? I love a steakhouse dinner but could see your disappointment as it's mostly just a really expensive steak.

Take the same money to one of our 5 new shiny Michelin Starred restaurants next time and I bet you'd have a different take on the "expensive dinner."
McKendricks

i was restricted on where i could go as we were going to the City Springs theater for White christmas afterwards. I had to stay close to Dunwoody.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
If it had stayed at 168° for much longer I was going to wrap it, but the BBQ gods decided to let the temperature start climbing again within 5 minutes of my comment hah.

Once it hits 203° I'll wrap it and put it in a cooler for a few hours
Have you noticed a difference in letting it rest for a few hours? I usually just let mine rest for 30 minutes

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Have you noticed a difference in letting it rest for a few hours? I usually just let mine rest for 30 minutes
One time I had to bring the pork somewhere so I wrapped it up, put it in a cooler with some towels and we didn't take it out for a couple of hours. Might be my imagination, but that was probably the best shoulder I've ever done. No idea if the 2 hours had anything to do with it, or if the cut of meat was better, or something else.

Dec 30, 2013
Honestly I've always ended up doing at least a 3-4 hour rest every time, because I'm always making it for an event, and always try and start it early enough to give myself plenty of time to work with in case something doesn't go according to plan.

So I don't know how it would compare to a 30 minute rest.

Also, definitely happy with the bark on this one!

Attachments

• PXL_20240225_230631186.jpg
    PXL_20240225_230631186.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 2

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Honestly I've always ended up doing at least a 3-4 hour rest every time, because I'm always making it for an event, and always try and start it early enough to give myself plenty of time to work with in case something doesn't go according to plan.

So I don't know how it would compare to a 30 minute rest.

Also, definitely happy with the bark on this one!
1708909049302.gif

Reactions: BrindAmours Army
Dec 30, 2013
I made pork shoulder, my brother-in-law made brisket and ribs.

Halfway through dinner my father-in
-law stared off into space a bit and then said "After dinner I think I'm going to push my grill into the pond."

If that's not a good review I don't know what is hahah

Used a rub my wife got me for Christmas which I was skeptical of but it turned out incredibly well. Chipotle chocolate rub from the Kitchen Imp. Definitely recommend it for pulled pork.

Complemented that with three sauces, a traditional Western NC style sauce, a traditional Eastern NC sauce, and then an Eastern NC style sauce with ground chipotle instead of red pepper flakes, smoked paprika instead of regular paprika, apple wood smoked salt instead of normal salt. The smokey sauce was the overall favorite, followed by the western style sauce for those that wanted something a little sweet. I don't think anyone preferred the traditional Eastern style sauce over the smokey variety.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad