OT: Whatcha Drinkin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
To be honest though, I generally never buy 4/6 packs anymore, so going to liquor stores is something I hardly do at this point. Casanova's is really the only one I go to because 1) I can get stuff there that isn't distributed to Minnesota and 2) I can fill a growler in addition to getting whatever bottled beer I came for. It helps that I'm fairly close to the MN/WI border too.

With the great offerings from many of the local craft brewers all around the metro, I just don't see the need to buy distributed beer much anymore. Especially if it isn't a particular, difficult to find, seasonal. I'd rather drink fresh beer on tap or/and bring a growler home with me.

I've also started dabbling in brewing from home as well. Nothing crazy yet, just going off of kits from Northern Brewer.

I agree - I have a bro that lives downtown, a couple blocks from Great Waters and Tin Whiskers, and with the 24 green line just opened, easy access to Town Hall, Surly in the near future, plus lots of new breweries along the way. Not to mention Muddy Pig, Happy Gnome, Stub n Herbs, and all the other fine watering holes within easy access. He never drinks at home, and neither would I given all the choices for fresh, fresh beer.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Check out Northbound Smokehouse too. I've probably said it a ton in here, but they're one of my favorite places going right now. (Right off of one of the stops on Hiawatha.) Especially since Town Hall isn't quite where they used to be yet due to shutting the brewery down for reno. Great beer and food there.

Depending on weather, we'll be cycling to Enki, Excelsior, and Steel Toe this weekend. It's a fun ride.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
You guys are such alcoholics, we're gonna need a part II of this soon.

The only problem I have with alcohol is that I'm running low on vodka.

rimshot.gif

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Brooklyn East India Pale Ale. Balanced ale, not as hoppy or complicated as modern IPA's. Easy.

Also, a name suggestion for the next thread: Whatcha Dinkin' II - And Why?

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Whatcha Drinkin II: Alcohol-because winter is coming

Whatcha Drinkin II: Real Men of Genius

Whatcha Drinkin II: The Von Wolfhausen family recipe

Watcha Drinkin II: Grandpa's Cough Medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events