OT: Whatcha Drinkin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
product.jpg

Tried this last night. Very good beer. IPA with sea-buckthorn berries. 8.2% so it has quite a kick.

Now my head hurts.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Bloody Mary tonight. I HATED those until about 6 months ago. Sure, takes about 12 different ingredients to get them right (at least for me), but damn, when done right, you can almost chew it.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
drinking cheap ass pilsner and lager from trader joes. really don't feel too bad about it.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
Is fireball whiskey popular in MN yet? Haven't been in awhile... it is like atomic fireballs with alcohol and actually quite amazeballs

fireball-whiskey.jpg

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
From just down the street (but I think it gets distributed to MN too) comes this beauty:

SijLJqv.jpg

I know it sounds strange, and a little girly. But it might just be the perfect Summer beer.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
From just down the street (but I think it gets distributed to MN too) comes this beauty:

SijLJqv.jpg

I know it sounds strange, and a little girly. But it might just be the perfect Summer beer.

THIS will be my next beer purchase if I can find it. Have heard great things about 21st Ammendment and their beers.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Is fireball whiskey popular in MN yet? Haven't been in awhile... it is like atomic fireballs with alcohol and actually quite amazeballs

fireball-whiskey.jpg

I've never had it but I've heard quite a few tales in the last couple years about bad nights with Fireball from my friends :laugh:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
My plans for today and tomorrow:

humangous amounts of Lapin Kulta, lonkero and some apple cider.

It's Midsummer, so it's okay to drink on a Thursday. Also, Fireball is amazing.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland

SijLJqv.jpg

This looks delicious. Watermelon and wheat beer, quirky combo but I can imagine how juicy it is to sip on a summer eve.

About to gear up for tomorrow's Midsummer celebrations. Plan to pick up several quality brews, maybe a couple of Magners ciders, and some cheaper beer from market, wheat beer or so.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
A few friends and a few people at my work love starting off their weekends with a couple shots of Fireball whiskey. Can't imagine I would like it, but the people who do swear by it.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
hey prov, where can you buy "i've seen bigger than yours" , a bud wants to try that. also my bud says that hell or high watermelon is very good.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I got it at Casanova's in Hudson, WI. Best store around, IMO. They should have some left as it's spendy and I'm sure it won't go all that fast. It's on the shelf by the Mikkeller and the rest of the offerings from To Øl.

I generally bring a growler with every time I go as well because Wisconsin liquor laws rock. They'll fill any growler with whatever they have on tap. I generally go with anything from Toppling Goliath (Pseudo Sue rocks) or Dogfish Head unless they have something that they generally never have.

Following them on twitter is a good idea as well. Gives you a heads up when they get stuff or what they've got on tap.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
To be honest though, I generally never buy 4/6 packs anymore, so going to liquor stores is something I hardly do at this point. Casanova's is really the only one I go to because 1) I can get stuff there that isn't distributed to Minnesota and 2) I can fill a growler in addition to getting whatever bottled beer I came for. It helps that I'm fairly close to the MN/WI border too.

With the great offerings from many of the local craft brewers all around the metro, I just don't see the need to buy distributed beer much anymore. Especially if it isn't a particular, difficult to find, seasonal. I'd rather drink fresh beer on tap or/and bring a growler home with me.

I've also started dabbling in brewing from home as well. Nothing crazy yet, just going off of kits from Northern Brewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad