What would you like CBJ management to do?

What should the org do ?

• Total voters

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
1. They won, therefore it's a model of success.
2. Isn't "goalie catching fire" one of the oft-stated prerequisites for any team winning the cup?
3. I remember watching the finals last year and thinking that Binnington wasn't even playing well.
4. Just looking at how his numbers compare, Binnington's .914 in the playoffs was the lowest sv% of a cup winning goalie since Quick in 2014.

Where does Joonas Kropisalo fit in all of this**

**As of 10/22/19

Last edited:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Jarmo emphasized again that Werenski was part of our core going forward. I don't think he's going anywhere.

LeBrun: Q&A with Jarmo Kekalainen on Columbus' changes, the...

Even though I have made some comments referencing somebody like Wisniewski, and some others have made comments about "scratches" or "playing wing", its safe to say Werenski ('s defensive play) has never been that bad, where he actually should have been not playing (like Wiz :whatever:). Other than times he was ACTUALLY HURT (another excuse I will NOT get into right here) he should always be in the lineup and play a huge ("offensive") role. After Jones, that is.

That said, whoever he would be traded for would also be, "part of our core going forward".**

**see Johansen-Jones trade

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Voracek, Nash, Johansen all were core guys.

Voracek was traded for (what appeared to be) a #1 C, Nash requested out and we were going to kick off a rebuild, Johansen was scapegoated and traded for another core guy. I don’t understand your point. If Werenski gets traded it will be in similar fashion to Voracek, where we get a no doubt upgrade. I don’t see this happening and I don’t think it’s something we’re exploring.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Voracek was traded for (what appeared to be) a #1 C, Nash requested out and we were going to kick off a rebuild, Johansen was scapegoated and traded for another core guy. I don’t understand your point. If Werenski gets traded it will be in similar fashion to Voracek, where we get a no doubt upgrade. I don’t see this happening and I don’t think it’s something we’re exploring.

Absolutely, but I think saying "Werenski isn't going anywhere" or something like that is maybe being read as opposition to trading for an upgrade.

Is anyone arguing for trading Werenski for a non-upgrade? I'm not sure if there is much disagreement on this board about what to do.

Reactions: thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Absolutely, but I think saying "Werenski isn't going anywhere" or something like that is maybe being read as opposition to trading for an upgrade.

Is anyone arguing for trading Werenski for a non-upgrade? I'm not sure if there is much disagreement on this board about what to do.

Judging from how little people here think of him and his effort, I don’t know about that.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
You said Werenski isn’t going anywhere bc Jarmo said he was part of our core. I’m saying that means nothing. I gave you multiple examples above. That is my point.

Reactions: thebus88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad