HF Habs: What would you do?

4thLineDuster2012

Feb 10, 2020
Why no option to trade Price and Weber, since you listed other options that will not be happening under current management?
I think there's a good chance Tatar and Petry are dealt under this management. If not at the trade deadline, then at the draft should Bergevin and Co stay. Whereas there's practically zero chance Weber and/or Price get dealt.

4thLineDuster2012

Feb 10, 2020
Personally, I don't think Bergevin is willing to market Petry and Tatar because he knows that he won't be the guy leading the rebuild. That's unfortunate because those two, especially Petry, would return a king's ransom. Especially if the other team gets him for at least 1 more year.

I know there's no one to replace Petry but if he's the guy who's gonna give us the most assets to acquire elite talents, then be it. Because after all, elite talent is what this team's been missing for a very long time. And we're going nowhere with him in the lineup either

beh3moth

May 27, 2010
I think everyone except the youth are expendable for the right price. I wouldn't sell on Tatar or Petry for a late 1st and a mid tier prospect, you need an impact player in return at minimum alongside futures. Weber has been having an amazing season, but injuries are a concern going forward, so if someone ponies up a good deal, you take it. You have to wonder where Price's head is at and whether he wants to play in Montreal for his whole career and probably not win a cup during his window, or head to a contender. I think he can play into his late 30s however given his goaltending style (cerebral and positional play), so I'd keep him unless he wants out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad