Proposal: What would you be willing to give up for...

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The only way the discussion could even start about Matthew's is if it was a sign and trade. I wouldn't give one asset for him if it is only the one year remaining on his contract.
Also I keep coming back to how dumb it would be for Toronto to move him within the division even if he doesn't want to re-sign there (which is still the likeliest outcome).

Have to assume Toronto would rather take less to move him to the West, I would in their shoes.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
I see Elias Lindholm as the most likely target. While I would love to be surprised and somehow end up with a slightly younger C, those are nearly impossible to come by. It was reported Yzerman was hard after Horvat who is a 28 year old 2-way C, and Lindholm fits that profile too. Obviously, not sure if he's even available anymore with Conroy stepping in, but I could see some combo of picks/prospect or young player like rasmussen going to Calgary.

Reactions: Henkka

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I see Elias Lindholm as the most likely target. While I would love to be surprised and somehow end up with a slightly younger C, those are nearly impossible to come by. It was reported Yzerman was hard after Horvat who is a 28 year old 2-way C, and Lindholm fits that profile too. Obviously, not sure if he's even available anymore with Conroy stepping in, but I could see some combo of picks/prospect or young player like rasmussen going to Calgary.
Would be genuinely stoked to get Lindholm.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Would be genuinely stoked to get Lindholm.
Love the player too, but he turns 29 soon, He doesn't really fit in our contending window he will be mid 30s at the time we are good enough. Also, not sure flames wanna trade their 1C when they arent rebuilding (yet)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hmm... Elias indholm is very interesting.

He is a right handed Center, which could give us nice match-up duo with Larkin. Good at faceoffs.

Also defensively almost Selke-caliber. Would not surprise me if he wins one after Bergeron is retired, will compete against Barkov for Selke on many near years.

Lindholm could cost as much as Larkin at next contract (8.0-8.5M), but he is worth of it.

Last 2 seasons:
Larkin 151 games, 63+85 = 148 points (0.98 ppg) -25
Lindholm 162 games, 64+82 = 146 points (0.90 ppg) +67

Yzerman just has to put Flames GM on drugs, offer 2024 1st + LhD prospect + Veleno and Zadina, and complete this deal.

Extend Lindholm for 6 years, 50M (8.33M caphit)

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
Remember the last time the Wings traded with Winnipeg for a local-boy goaltender?

1686002452583.png

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad