What would it take to get Ryan Reaves back in a note sweater?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I'd honestly take Reaves on the team for this reason only. You can make the argument that the league is getting more fast and skilled, sure. But nobody ****ed with stars when Reaves was here, we've seen quite an increase in it when he got traded.

I was joking more than anything. I like Reaves because he is funny and fun to watch. But I don't honestly think he helps protect your players. Its a very rare situation where a Reaves type knocks a Wilson type out of the game for good. I wouldn't trade for Reaves. I don't think he'd make us better nor would he protect our players.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Yeah I don't recall Reaves even seeing the ice after Seabrook sent Backes into the 5th dimension in the 2014 playoffs and that was a huge bad hit
Yep, the "tough" Blues were more then just Reaves.

I'm still a firm believer in its coaching more then player type. I dont think we have 1 single creampuff player that actually avoids contact. I've seen Petro pound guys in the corner on occasion.

I'd like to see the guys coached on just to not pass up opportunities. Dont go out of your way to smoke someone but if you have the chance, take it. If your a dman in the corners with a star played, they need to be on the ice. Put your stick on their butt and push them down. Kane hated playing against Jackman......Jackman had little interest in the puck because he had Patrick Kane to beat up.

Blues dont need Bruisers. They just need their current players to realize they are in a contact sport.

Also so that's not taken the wrong way....they need better overall coaching all together

Reactions: JoshFromMO

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The funny thing to me is that people complained about the Blues being soft even back when Backes, Ott, Reaves and Brouwer and those guys were on the team.

Nobody will ever be fully happy, because there's always going to be things that go unanswered, and that goes for any team, really.

Reactions: EastonBlues22

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I have no idea where people get the idea that Brower was a physical presence??? Anyhow, I am not suggesting every single hit should be reason for retaliation. There does need to be an answer when a player is hit from behind or run though. That is just not happening the last year-and-a-half. The hit to Steen the other night was just an obvious example. I thought that was embarrassing. I think the Blues recognize this too which is the reason Jordan Nolan will be in the lineup tonight. I'm sure some of you think it's because he has six goals in the minor leagues though. the larger point here I go is actually this team obviously need some sort of spark in games.I don't know if any of you guys have noticed that is missing this year?

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Yeah Reaves being paid over 2.7 million is not something the Blues should, or even could, do.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Reaves delivered some much needed medicine to Wilson. Happy to Wilson on the receiving end of that kind of exchange for a change. I won't go so far as to applaud Reaves for what he did, but if that's what it takes to give Wilson a bit of perspective and consideration for his opponents then so be it. Happy to see Reaves thrive in his role; Blues miss his heart (but little else).

'Who knows anymore?' Capitals unclear on what NHL considers...

Reactions: cardinalnation

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Too bad the NHL doesn’t allow player loans. Traces could be loaned to whatever team plays Washington each night.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Reaves delivered some much needed medicine to Wilson. Happy to Wilson on the receiving end of that kind of exchange for a change. I won't go so far as to applaud Reaves for what he did, but if that's what it takes to give Wilson a bit of perspective and consideration for his opponents then so be it. Happy to see Reaves thrive in his role; Blues miss his heart (but little else).

'Who knows anymore?' Capitals unclear on what NHL considers...

The injury happened because Wilson's chin strap wasn't tight and his head hit the ice when he fell. Reavo hit him shoulder to shoulder so despite it being a "blindside" technically it wasn't what I would consider dirty. But hey we learned that Tom Wilson doesn't know how to put his equipment on properly which really isn't a surprise. The irony here is that Reavo mostly lays big clean hits outside of a few examples and Wilson could learn a lot just watching Reaves hit. Too bad Tom Wilson isn't likely to learn, it's like his brain has it pre-wired to catch guys in a bad spot.

Tom Wilson's brain: "He can't see me, awesome. Time to put the elbow into his head. What's that?!? Oh... the puck. I was supposed to be doing something with that... well I'll get to that after I finish up here."

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I have no idea where people get the idea that Brower was a physical presence??? Anyhow, I am not suggesting every single hit should be reason for retaliation. There does need to be an answer when a player is hit from behind or run though. That is just not happening the last year-and-a-half. The hit to Steen the other night was just an obvious example. I thought that was embarrassing. I think the Blues recognize this too which is the reason Jordan Nolan will be in the lineup tonight. I'm sure some of you think it's because he has six goals in the minor leagues though. the larger point here I go is actually this team obviously need some sort of spark in games.I don't know if any of you guys have noticed that is missing this year?
Because he was one of the best Blues forcheckers? The dman was getting run over every time

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad