What would it take to get Ryan Reaves back in a note sweater?

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I don't know about the rest of you but I am tired of watching blues players get run and no response from this lackluster, listless team. Now I would not have paid David Backes the money he wanted either but I think we all have to admit that is a Serious lack of professionalism on this squad. Ryan Reeves held people accountable, kept things loose, came with a burst of energy and always stood up for his players. Rarely lost a fight either. I for one think the blues sorely miss this guy and I know the fans do too.does anyone have any idea what it would take to bring him back? Would Zach Sanford alone do it? Maybe Barbachev? Now I realize we would have to lose some money somewhere, maybe throw Bouwmeester in the deal? I for one think it would be worth it even if it was an over pay. I don't care about the stats, many things in hockey are not truly shown by statistics. What say you all?

Reactions: Bendak

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
I don't know about the rest of you but I am tired of watching blues players get run and no response from this lackluster, listless team. Now I would not have paid David Backes the money he wanted either but I think we all have to admit that is a Serious lack of professionalism on this squad. Ryan Reeves held people accountable, kept things loose, came with a burst of energy and always stood up for his players. Rarely lost a fight either. I for one think the blues sorely miss this guy and I know the fans do too.does anyone have any idea what it would take to bring him back? Would Zach Sanford alone do it? Maybe Barbachev? Now I realize we would have to lose some money somewhere, maybe throw Bouwmeester in the deal? I for one think it would be worth it even if it was an over pay. I don't care about the stats, many things in hockey are not truly shown by statistics. What say you all?

Uh...No. Unless Ryan Reaves suddenly is an all-star defenseman, goalie, or world-class coach, he's not gonna make a difference in the win/loss column.

Reactions: Lancer

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Uh...No. Unless Ryan Reaves suddenly is an all-star defenseman, goalie, or world-class coach, he's not gonna make a difference in the win/loss column.

We have a few elite players like Pie and Tarasenko and a core that o paper should be in the top 10 but we're bottom-dwelling instead. I like Reaves A LOT but if we're not reforming the CPR line then... why do this?

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I hope this is a joke like your Ty Rattie back to STL thread in the main forum

It 101% is :). The Ty Rattle one, not so much, but the world won't end for me if we pass on him. He had his shot but it makes one wonder if maybe he's ready now. His Pre-Season play was pretty damn good.

STLBloosiers

Jul 14, 2014
It 101% is :). The Ty Rattle one, not so much, but the world won't end for me if we pass on him. He had his shot but it makes one wonder if maybe he's ready now. His Pre-Season play was pretty damn good.

True but he was with mcdavid too

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
you know who looked good with mcdavid for longer than a preseason?

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
We have a few elite players like Pie and Tarasenko and a core that o paper should be in the top 10 but we're bottom-dwelling instead. I like Reaves A LOT but if we're not reforming the CPR line then... why do this?

That's just the thing, teams shouldn't be built "on paper." The Blues have had a lot of solid depth over the last decade, but maybe that's not the winning formula. You need star players in key roles and lots of role players who can contribute in other ways. Reaves was a great teammate and hugely popular with everyone. Not only that, he brought energy and physicality to every game. So I can see why some fans would like Reaves back.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
RC gets it in his last post.I am not suggesting that the fourth line is the problem here or that Ryan Reaves puts this team in the playoffs. There is obviously something very wrong what this team. Not the roster but the chemistry. Ryan Reaves is a chemistry guy. Not going to show up on the stat sheet but it might show up in the win column. It is no surprise to me that this team hit the skids once Reeves was traded. There just simply is no one of his ilk on this team whatsoever. And on a side note Alex Pietrangelo has to be the softest captain I have seen in a long time. They honestly should pull the C off of his sweater and give it to Ryan O'Reilly. 2018 Blues are his team now. The personalities could not be more different. I honestly think we are in a position were a few more losses and you can just pack it up for this year. They have to do something ASAP and Ryan Reeves will not cost you a high-level prospect like Thomas or Kyrou.

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
you know who looked good with mcdavid for longer than a preseason?
qld-state-colour.gif

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
When you play Washington without Reaves.....

When you play Washington with Reaves.....

Nt3mTRV.gif

I think the OP may have been on to something here.

I'd honestly take Reaves on the team for this reason only. You can make the argument that the league is getting more fast and skilled, sure. But nobody f***ed with stars when Reaves was here, we've seen quite an increase in it when he got traded.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'd honestly take Reaves on the team for this reason only. You can make the argument that the league is getting more fast and skilled, sure. But nobody ****ed with stars when Reaves was here, we've seen quite an increase in it when he got traded.
This is incorrect. Our stars still got abused.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad