Proposal: What would it take to get Mcdavid to the Leafs?

gach

Aug 2, 2018
Mathews 50% retained, Marner 50% retained, Nylander and Rielly for McDavid and Neal? You’re telling me Edmonton declines that. I’d love to have what you’re smoking.
Well you can buy it at any pot shop in Canada. McDavid isn't the problem in Edmonton...far from the problem i might add. I'm not an Oilers fan but you don't trade the best player in the league for underachieving players in the playoffs.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I want the rules that exist to be called. He hasn't drawn a penalty in the last 8 playoff games.

Well, I hope you do realize that playoff games typically have less penalties. If you’re hoping it to be like the regular season, where refs have a heavier influence on games results just because your precious McDavid would benefit…keep waiting. It’s always been like this.

Invest in your team accordingly.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
5 years, 1 month, and a bunch of cap space
or for the impatient
A car, a gun, and a bunch of rope

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Free agency. Even then he'll most likely head to Florida or somewhere similar where he can live his life in peace and quiet.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
McDavid + Neal for Matthews (50% retained), Marner (25% retained) , Robertson, Sandin, 2022-2028 1st round draft picks

+

Swapping the Oilers 7th round pick for Toronto's third round pick until 2030.
Oilers get the option to swap picks with Toronto in every round until 2030.
this and even then I would consider saying no

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Well, I hope you do realize that playoff games typically have less penalties. If you’re hoping it to be like the regular season, where refs have a heavier influence on games results just because your precious McDavid would benefit…keep waiting. It’s always been like this.

Invest in your team accordingly.

"assume that the rules that apply to everyone else will not in fact apply to you, invest accordingly" uh okay

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
How about bribing the league to let Toronto circumvent the Salary Cap by $15 million and then buy the Oilers franchise, folding them up . . . worked for John D Rockefeller in the late 1800's so why not take a shot at it?

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
"assume that the rules that apply to everyone else will not in fact apply to you, invest accordingly" uh okay

Oilers had 11 power plays. Jets had 10. How many more power plays did you want? Did you want four more, so Oilers can have 15 chances and Jets only 10? You want a 3:2 disparity?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad