What would happen if there is no OHL season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
She seems very inconsistent. Every time they take steps forward she moves the goal posts.

Im sure people want to blame the OHL, thats fine, but I can't see how working with someone like that could ever make the return work.

First it was body checking will never happen, then it would happen
Then it was a third wave woudln't have an impact, now it is.

I'm sure the OHL deserves some criticism, but how do you plan for something when that changes every other week?

Reactions: EvenSteven

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
The Ontario government completely underestimated the impact of the 3rd wave. How else do you explain beginning to open up Toronto, Peel Region and York Region, only to have to shut down the entire province only 2 weeks after doing so. Hospitals, particularly ICUs are over capacity. In the current state, I'm not sure how anyone could possibly condone starting up the OHL even in a bubble. It would send a wrong message.

Reactions: Otto

beast mode

Oct 27, 2020
Message, message, mesage my a**

they had a year to figure something out so the OHL would play. Hello ! Covid is all over the world and Ontario is the only place not able to provide a hockey season...

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Message, message, mesage my a**

they had a year to figure something out so the OHL would play. Hello ! Covid is all over the world and Ontario is the only place not able to provide a hockey season...

And again, nobody else in Ontario is playing either. And those who had agreed on a return to play plan were doing it with modified rules including no body checking.

Why do people keep ignoring this fact? Did you want them to play under those conditions? No... nobody did.

Reactions: rangersblues

beast mode

Oct 27, 2020
And again, nobody else in Ontario is playing either. And those who had agreed on a return to play plan were doing it with modified rules including no body checking.

Why do people keep ignoring this fact? Did you want them to play under those conditions? No... nobody did.
Did you read me well ? I said Ontario is the only place in the world not playing. Not just OHL... Every post I make you seem to take it the wrong way Otto... Do I know you ? Lol

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Latest from the OHL after today's provincial comments:

Once again they are handling this SOOOOO bad. Giving no update would be better than these half ass updates to make it seems like there is still hope. It is middle of damn April. The memorial cup already canceled. Like what is the point?

OHLs handling of this entire situation shows a glimpse of how they are run and it’s poor. From top to buttom. The #1 issue facing the league moving forward is the people who run it. That’s the issue

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Once again they are handling this SOOOOO bad. Giving no update would be better than these half ass updates to make it seems like there is still hope. It is middle of damn April. The memorial cup already canceled. Like what is the point?

OHLs handling of this entire situation shows a glimpse of how they are run and it’s poor. From top to buttom. The #1 issue facing the league moving forward is the people who run it. That’s the issue
You're 100% right. The usual lack of transparency is once again compounding the problem.

Reactions: NOA

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
They also promised an update in the coming days. At this point with the OHL, the coming days could mean anytime between now and the end of time. But, assuming they actually mean the coming days, as in within the next week, how much is really going to change? What will they confidently be able to say next week about the public health scenario as it relates to the RTP next week that they couldn't say today?

Also, the recurring theme of announcing their next announcement is gold.

Reactions: rangersblues

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

They league didn't know the reporter was going to ask the question and they certainly didn't know MacLeod was going to respond the way she did. However if what she says is true, it would have been good to hear that as the lockdown hit. Even if the announcement was "We have agreed to a return to play plan with the Ontario government and will implement that plan once it is safe to do so." And then release the details of the plan and let us know what the parameters are that would allow the return.

I am hearing the League has a call tomorrow.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
They league didn't know the reporter was going to ask the question and they certainly didn't know MacLeod was going to respond the way she did. However if what she says is true, it would have been good to hear that as the lockdown hit. Even if the announcement was "We have agreed to a return to play plan with the Ontario government and will implement that plan once it is safe to do so." And then release the details of the plan and let us know what the parameters are that would allow the return.

I am hearing the League has a call tomorrow.

It kind of feels like the media is forcing their hands... which I'm good with.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Several people have mentioned that the OHL is going to have to win casual fans back after such a lengthy layoff. The lack of transparency they have been known to show during the Branch era will do them no favours in accomplishing this. Now would be as good time as any for a new commissioner.

Reactions: EvenSteven
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad