OT: What would happen if HF Pens ran the Pens?

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
CHAPTER 2 - A Staal in Negotiations

Draft day arrived in Pittsburgh. The Consol Energy Center was filled with managers, coaches, prospects and an occasional superstar from yesteryear. HFBoards was reeling, still without a coach and now with holes in their lineup due to their post-post season culling. In spite of unfounded rumours, they were not able to woo Mike Babcock from the Red Wings. As it turns out, he never intended to leave, replying "what the hell are you calling me for, you've gotta be kidding me, I'm still under contract you psycho, and I am not even remotely interested in leaving". We were obviously close.

Negotiations with Jordan had Staaled, his intentions were to play out the year and go to free agency, he wanted to play with his brother Eric in Carolina. Fortunately, old man JR in Carolina was an easy target. In spite of a complete lack of leverage, HFBoards managed to squeeze out the 8th overall pick, Brandon Sutter and Brian Dumoulin from the Carolina Hurricanes. After the commish announced the trade to the home crowd, a buzz filled the arena. A rock song played over the PA, "It's wing-er. it's wing-er TIME!"

cygnus47 strode up to the dais and announced, to an obviously aroused crowd:
"With the 8th overall pick, the Pittsburgh Penguins select, from Leksands, Filip Forsberg". As the awed crowd came in their pants, the rest of the round seemed to flip by like channels on a tv. The 22nd pick came around, IcedCapp had the honour.

"With the 22nd overall pick, the Pittsburgh Penguins select, Simon De......I mean...Olli Maatta!". The Finn had fallen from a ranking in the top 15 and was an obvious choice, though many on the Board felt another winger would have been nice.

Next time on GMHFB, will the gang fill out a roster and find a coach?...find out in the next episode "Lockout Blues".

Interesting stuff.

Can't what to read about "The Murder of Craig Adams"......Chapter 14 -- Snitches end up in Ditches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad