Proposal: what would brady tkachuk cost ?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
signed long term before trade finalized

I get that you are going after a different breed of forward than we have in his age range, but I would question why would you be willing to pony up the cost for a winger in this instance. I’m fine with drafting BPA, but I’m not buying a winger on the trade market.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I get that you are going after a different breed of forward than we have in his age range, but I would question why would you be willing to pony up the cost for a winger in this instance. I’m fine with drafting BPA, but I’m not buying a winger on the trade market.
my unannounced intention was moving zadina in this deal = trading a pretty boy for a scrappy competitor .
we'd have to add i know . but thing is theres incentive for sens as im thinking chuckie only signs bridge there as wants to get away from melnyck .
and theres risk for detroit because zadina could turn out alot better than he looks now .
also , i love chucky . the guys a leader by example . but that said im not sure he fits yzermans ' swarm of bee's ' forward type

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
my unannounced intention was moving zadina in this deal = trading a pretty boy for a scrappy competitor .

You'd have to move Zadina and our 1st round pick this year to get the ball rolling. Which could be a really, really good pick.

Reactions: avssuc

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
i'm not sure i'd even want Tkachuk for free at this point to be honest

he feels like he's about to get super overpaid with how long this contract is taking

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
i'm not sure i'd even want Tkachuk for free at this point to be honest

he feels like he's about to get super overpaid with how long this contract is taking

The good news is he's only 22. But beware his next deal going into his 30s.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Also, random tangent here, but take whatever you'd pony up for Brady and consider using those assets to buy low on a potential franchise center in Eichel.

Although from the sounds of things, Drury and the Rangers may be willing to offer more than anyone else. He's had his eye on that boy for awhile.

Reactions: Winger98

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I wouldn't take him for free at his asking price. He's going to be paid like one of the young elite and hasn't come close to earning it.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Probably too steep for my blood, at this point. Maybe in another year or two we may have the assets to approach this kind of deal.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Random tangent #2: is this a sign the CBA needs a rework? You're getting these younglings grabbing max term deals creeping up to $10 million.

I'm all for players getting paid, they are the product, but how the hell is anyone supposed to retain talent when all your young stars want to be paid in the first few seasons?

More and more the salary cap just feels like a huge, unnecessary bother that hurts the sport and the players more than it helps.

Reactions: golffuul

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Random tangent #2: is this a sign the CBA needs a rework? You're getting these younglings grabbing max term deals creeping up to $10 million.

I'm all for players getting paid, they are the product, but how the hell is anyone supposed to retain talent when all your young stars want to be paid in the first few seasons?

More and more the salary cap just feels like a huge, unnecessary bother that hurts the sport and the players more than it helps.
wholeheartedly agree. would like to see salaries capped to either 1/3 or 1/2 of max limit until you can reach UFA years and then contracts can exceed the max 25% per year, from one year to the next, going from RFA to UFA and then the 25% kicks back in

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
It is going to be lonely, yes. He's not going to be traded.

Brady Tkachuk would probably be one of highest priced players in the NHL to trade for right now, given his youth and what he brings to the table.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I don't have a specific answer but whatever it is it will be more than its worth.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
It is going to be lonely, yes. He's not going to be traded.

Brady Tkachuk would probably be one of highest priced players in the NHL to trade for right now, given his youth and what he brings to the table.

Yep. His body probably starts falling apart around 28-29.
A team needing Tkachuk should get him now.
Basically, add 5-8 goals and 10-15 points to Tkachuk's scoring... his stats won't tell the whole story with him.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

The salary cap exists for one reason. Cost certainty. They don’t care about teams retaining talent or the quality of teams or any of that. You occasionally will get an owner like Melnyk who won’t pay for a soul and owners like Mr. I who will spend money like a sailor on leave at the port bar…. But mostly? The cap exists so they can plot 50% of hockey related revenue to cover salary expense and go on with life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad