Value of: What will Seguin sign for?

What will Seguin Sign for?

• Total voters

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He is not an upgrade over anyone not named Scott Darling

Not sure where your hatred for Khudobin comes from, but it would be very hard to be worse than Lehtonen was when the Stars needed him the most at the end of this past season. He is arguably the least reliable goalie in the NHL when it comes to pressure situations

Reactions: beepeearr

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
So ? Other sports have issues with felons, hockey fans complain about players not being nice or classy.

Consider that having this information, if accurate, paints a better picture of what he might do and may want come contract time. I don't think it matters in the grand scale of things and I have no interest in meeting him, but knowing his personality and demeanor/nature is a solid jumping point towards what he may look for/ask for on his next contract.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
I would assume the same contract Tavares got. If not extremely similar
I'd agree with that. Maybe a shade less if he likes where he's at and wants his name on the big sexy iconic trophy. 8yr/$84M. Assuming he is happy in Dallas.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
I love when people assume players are the same kind of person they were in highschool... like teen agers new grow out of those personalities

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'd imagine Dallas is looking to sign him now.

He'll probably get Tavares money, because, as a UFA Seguin would get it. There are many teams out there who would kill for a 1C, and Seguin would breathe life into the franchise.

Off the top of my head: Columbus, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, Boston (lol), San Jose, New York (both teams), New Jersey, Arizona, Vegas and others I'm sure. All of these would give Seguin the Tavares contract, and a little more even.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Brutal.

If Dallas is done making moves for the summer, they could easily end up with a worse record than last year, as Khudobin is a downgrade from Lehtonen. If they do worse, and Seguin walks, you could stretch and make the argument that they refused to trade Heiskanen for BOTH Karlsson AND Seguin.

Ouch. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Your still one of those guys who don't get why Dallas (or another team) wont trade there top prospect for Karlsson who wont sign an extension with any team

Come on man it's not hard to understand

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Consider that having this information, if accurate, paints a better picture of what he might do and may want come contract time. I don't think it matters in the grand scale of things and I have no interest in meeting him, but knowing his personality and demeanor/nature is a solid jumping point towards what he may look for/ask for on his next contract.

I also like to judge potential employees by their mid to late teenage years. That's how you get the best possible image of what they are as a person 10+ years later...

"Dayum this dude has to two masters and 8 years of relevant experience, but he had some disputes with this one Brady in middle school so I question his character. Even though he seemed like a great dude from the interviews and from words of recent colleagues."

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Seguin aint Tavares but if he gets paid as much or more, it would make me happy.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
joke
jōk/
noun
  1. 1.
    a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.
    "she was in a mood to tell jokes"
    synonyms:funny story, jest, witticism, quip
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

Now adding envy to the jealousy. Sad. Could be worse, you could be the Sens or Habs. So count your blessings.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Seguin aint Tavares but if he gets paid as much or more, it would make me happy.

Just took last 4-season combined production as a first look.

Seguin, 307 games, 136 goals + 164 assists = 300 points, 0.98 ppg
Tavares, 319 games, 136 goals + 170 assists = 306 points, 0.96 ppg

3-year combined ppg
Seguin 0.94
Tavares 0.93

5-year combined ppg
Seguin 0.99
Tavares 0.98

Pretty much the same player.

Last edited:

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Just took last 4-season combined production as a first look.

Seguin, 307 games, 136 goals + 164 assists = 300 points, 0.98 ppg
Tavares, 319 games, 136 goals + 170 assists = 306 points, 0.96 ppg

3-year combined ppg
Seguin 0.94
Tavares 0.93

5-year combined ppg
Seguin 0.99
Tavares 0.98

Pretty much the same player.
I'll buy that Seguin and Tavares are the same player if you buy that playing with Lee and Bailey is the same as playing with Benn and Radulov.

Reactions: DoobieDubas

valente317

Jun 4, 2014
Your still one of those guys who don't get why Dallas (or another team) wont trade there top prospect for Karlsson who wont sign an extension with any team

Come on man it's not hard to understand

I get it, and I also believe that keeping Heiskanen is the right decision. Just pointing out that another poor season could certainly result in Seguin walking. That roster with Karlsson has no issues making the playoffs.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
who ever compared seguins stats to tavares while he was on JAMIE BENNs line LOLLL wtf look at the islanders team.

Check out the players Tavares played with and their points before playing with him, during playing with him and after they got their raises after playing with him. QoT is not taking into account at all? Brutal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad