Value of: What will Seguin sign for?

What will Seguin Sign for?

• Total voters

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Probably signs the same as Benn. I think he takes a discount considering Texas isn't heavily hit on taxes.

OK, I just need to ask this of HFBoards collectively because so many people post shit like this: Do you realize income taxes are not the only type of taxes? Texas collects plenty of state tax. It just doesn't do it through levying heavily on income. Sales tax, property tax, poll tax, wealth transfer tax (e.g., gift/estate), excise tax...there's a whole mess of non-income options for taxing you, and Texas definitely makes use of several of them. Texas is not a low-tax state, it's more in the middle of the pack.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Just gonna say it: Tavares had offers for 13 million per. I personally would rather have Seguin than Tavares, but that’s not a valid argument and some would disagree. Point being, I don’t see Seguin signing for anything less than what Tavares got.

I agree Seguin is the better player. But Tavares didn't take any sort of discount. I think Seguin takes a discount to stay in Dallas and this ends up signing for around $10M

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I agree Seguin is the better player. But Tavares didn't take any sort of discount. I think Seguin takes a discount to stay in Dallas and this ends up signing for around $10M

If Tavares was offered 13m but took 11m, how is that not "any sort of discount"?

Last edited:

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
OK, I just need to ask this of HFBoards collectively because so many people post **** like this: Do you realize income taxes are not the only type of taxes? Texas collects plenty of state tax. It just doesn't do it through levying heavily on income. Sales tax, property tax, poll tax, wealth transfer tax (e.g., gift/estate), excise tax...there's a whole mess of non-income options for taxing you, and Texas definitely makes use of several of them. Texas is not a low-tax state, it's more in the middle of the pack.

This whole income tax kick HF is on is certainly amusing. People seem to think states like Florida and Texas just don't collect taxes and everything runs smoothly.

Sherwood71

Jul 18, 2016
2018’s Tax Burden by State

Look at this article. Texas is, as one poster accurately described, in the middle of the pack. If you want to complain about taxes go back to Tampa and Nashville threads while conveniently leaving out the Panthers.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Probably signs the same as Benn. I think he takes a discount considering Texas isn't heavily hit on taxes.
Benn's deal will be 2 years old by the time Seguin begins his deal. Inflation with the rising cap. Benn's deal was at a $75 million cap, it's $79.5 mill this year. Next year it should be in the low 80's. Will be close to a 10% increase. So, I think Seguin gets $10 million per easily.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
My guess:
8 years x 10-11 million

Or..... He's obviously going home to the Leafs on a 7 year deal at league minimum. The Leafs then plan to use him on the top pair and play him with Rielly.

Seeing the jealousy from other fans towards the Leafs is not a good look. Sad.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
10.5 x 8 is my guess. If Nill doesnt have that on the table for him right now then I will be mad

Reactions: Roxyrooo

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Seeing the jealousy from other fans towards the Leafs is not a good look. Sad.
joke
jōk/
noun
  1. 1.
    a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.
    "she was in a mood to tell jokes"
    synonyms:funny story, jest, witticism, quip
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Benn's deal will be 2 years old by the time Seguin begins his deal. Inflation with the rising cap. Benn's deal was at a $75 million cap, it's $79.5 mill this year. Next year it should be in the low 80's. Will be close to a 10% increase. So, I think Seguin gets $10 million per easily.

Forgot about inflation! Yeah, that would play a factor for sure. In that case, I think Seguin is still willing to take the discount and only take 10m. Then again, he doesn't seem like a guy that would be willing to take a discount if he didn't have to.

valente317

Jun 4, 2014
I think the better question is -where- will he sign.

Brutal.

If Dallas is done making moves for the summer, they could easily end up with a worse record than last year, as Khudobin is a downgrade from Lehtonen. If they do worse, and Seguin walks, you could stretch and make the argument that they refused to trade Heiskanen for BOTH Karlsson AND Seguin.

Ouch. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Played against seguin, my best friend went to school with seguin same year same classes. The guy is a straight dick/piece of shit as a person and a cocky guy. If you think he's taking a tax discount R.I.P.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Brutal.

If Dallas is done making moves for the summer, they could easily end up with a worse record than last year, as Khudobin is a downgrade from Lehtonen. If they do worse, and Seguin walks, you could stretch and make the argument that they refused to trade Heiskanen for BOTH Karlsson AND Seguin.

Ouch. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Khudobin is by no means a downgrade from Lehtonen.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Best guy I've ever lost to, hands down. We were in the AAA finals gthl tournament and we lost 5-0. He had 4 goals and 1 assist. Doesn't change his personality/stance is what I'm saying in regards to the contract situation.

Great player, shity guy.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Best guy I've ever lost to, hands down. We were in the AAA finals gthl tournament and we lost 5-0. He had 4 goals and 1 assist. Doesn't change his personality/stance is what I'm saying in regards to the contract situation.

Great player, ****y guy.
So ? Other sports have issues with felons, hockey fans complain about players not being nice or classy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad