What will reward be for Vegas tampering on Pietrangelo?

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Massive talk on social media about it along with other sources in the media. And it is not as if it just dropped, this has been speculated for weeks

https://nypost.com/2020/10/03/this-isnt-how-ex-rangers-envisioned-winning-stanley-cup/

"There has been so much talk about St. Louis right defenseman Alex Pietrangelo, the premier free agent on the market, fleeing to Vegas when the market opens on Friday that I am hearing substantial talk the Blues might be prepared to file tampering charges if that’s the way it shakes out."

Where there is smoke, there is fire. I am hoping for atleast 2 1st round picks and a hefty fine from the league.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Vegas is the Golden Child of the NHL. They will never press tampering charges, even if there is legitimate evidence.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
After being forced to send Stevens to the Devils, the only proper thing for the NHL to do is to send Petro back to us.

There’s realistically no way we’ll get compensation unless Newport or Vegas were dumb enough to leave a paper trail of tampering. And even then, it’ll be minimal because that’s how things pan out for the Blues.

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
If the best evidence is Larry Brooks "hearing substantial chatter" in the NY freaking Post, then I'm going to go out on a limb and say there will be no charges.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Massive talk on social media about it along with other sources in the media. And it is not as if it just dropped, this has been speculated for weeks

https://nypost.com/2020/10/03/this-isnt-how-ex-rangers-envisioned-winning-stanley-cup/

"There has been so much talk about St. Louis right defenseman Alex Pietrangelo, the premier free agent on the market, fleeing to Vegas when the market opens on Friday that I am hearing substantial talk the Blues might be prepared to file tampering charges if that’s the way it shakes out."

Where there is smoke, there is fire. I am hoping for atleast 2 1st round picks and a hefty fine from the league.

We have a prediction folks. As usual for this guy, it will be dead wrong. Most likely nothing at all will come of it.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007

Vegas isn’t going to get penalized but I’ll take a free compliance buy out of Faulk out of the deal...

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Reactions: Majorityof1

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Clickbait thread title. Nothing substantial here, you got my hopes up.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

Other than nincompoops on social media (myself included) repeating this statement from Larry Brooks, is there a single other credible source that anything is happening or that tampering is alleged? Or is the “massive talk” just happening among people who know nothing?

Reactions: The Note

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Just a reminder because I forgot as well:

we lost Stevens because of RFA arbitration. We then allegedly tampered with him and lost a first and had to swap firsts and were fined.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Blues TV analyst Andy Strickland breaks down team’s free agency moves

strickland admits plane that took creampuff to vegas was here before blues even approached Krug and the blues had some evidence of that apparently.

vegas tampered for sure, gonna be a spicy few weeks or whatever. hope NHL comes down hard.
Weird how Strick didn't say that at all. He said the plane arrived before the Krug contract was announced. Which happened 8 hours after free agency started. So the allegation is that Vegas chartered a plane after UFA started. Which is squarely not tampering.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Ah so one article by Larry Brooks is massive social media chatter now.

I have less than zero doubt there was contact prior to the official opening of FA. I also have no doubt that nothing will come of it because it happens regularly and the league knows it.

President Skroob

Dec 21, 2019
Weird how Strick didn't say that at all. He said the plane arrived before the Krug contract was announced. Which happened 8 hours after free agency started. So the allegation is that Vegas chartered a plane after UFA started. Which is squarely not tampering.
Do find it fishy that the only team rumored to be tampering with petro is the only team he really talked to and flew out to see right away and then signed with.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Do find it fishy that the only team rumored to be tampering with petro is the only team he really talked to and flew out to see right away and then signed with.
And it was reported that Toronto, Columbus and Florida reached out to make an offer. Vegas is without question more of a contender than those 3 teams. If he wanted to compete for a Cup, hearing Vegas out more seriously than the others is an absolute no brainer.

It is insane to me that him going to Vegas and signing a deal 4 days later is more suspicious than the teams who signed a player on day one of UFA.

Reactions: Majorityof1

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Unless Newport or the Knights mistakenly sent a contract offer to the Blues fax machine by mistake, it's hard to imagine anybody is as stupid as the 90's Blues management team and leave a smoking gun at the scene of the crime. No doubt there were conversations taking place between Vegas and Newport well before Friday at 12:01am...but the chances of it being proven range somewhere between my chances of becoming Pope and the likelihood of Pietrangelo forcing a trade to Ottawa before the next NHL season begins.

When the Blues were PROVEN to have tampered with Scott Stevens (after he'd already been awarded to the Devils) The Devils were awarded $1.4M in cash, their choice of a 1st rounder in the next 5-drafts and the right to swap 1st rounders with St. Louis during that same 5-year window. I suspect the league will issue the Blues the following concession:
tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad