Foligno-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Dubinsky-Anderson
Milano-Letestu-Sedlak

Werenski-Jones
Murray-Nutivaara
Kukan-Savard

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

As much as it pains me to say, I think Cole and Vanek leave in free agency for a pay day and I can't say I would blame either one of them. As much as people might want to move on from Dubinsky, Murray, and/or Korpisalo, I think they're all here to start next season. Jack Johnson.. well.. yeah he gone.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Why would you put Bjork ahead of Sonny? Sonny has shown progress and potential. Quite frankly, Bjork has done little to distinguish himself. What 11 goals despite playing in almost every game? I think Bjork is one of the big question marks going into next year. Of course, like most people on this board, I see him in the future as a solid 20 + goal winger. But, to be honest, he has not progressed very much this year and his future is far from clear. He is the one I could see being bumped by Abramov in 2019-2020.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
After tonite's game, don't bet on Pooh as the second line center.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
He would never take either of those deals. I’m 50/50 on resigning him at this point. I’d go 2 years, $4 mil total and not a penny more.

I doubt he gets that. CBJ needs some lower priced bottom 6'ers & he wants to be here.

2 years, $3 mil total & I think he accepts it.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I doubt he gets that. CBJ needs some lower priced bottom 6'ers & he wants to be here.

2 years, $3 mil total & I think he accepts it.

He already makes $1.8 mil and he’s a UFA. Some team will pay him that or more. I guess it’s up to him how badly he wants to be here. I personally lean toward not resigning him.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Bjorkstrand-Foligno-Milano
Jenner-Dubinsk/Wennberg-Vanek
Sedlak-Letestu-Anderson

Move Anderson up and down the lineup as you please. I think Vanek and Letestu on one year deals.

Werenski-Jones
Murray-Nutivaara
Cole-Savard
Kukan
Harrington

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

Maybe a trade is in the works. Not sure what is out there, but something revolving around Milano or Bjorkstrand, a long with a Murray or perhaps Carlsson, for a legitimate second line center. Then you can shift Foligno back to the wing, where I think he's most effective.

Reactions: EspenK

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
There is some high comedy around here tonight....
He puts up points sure, but there is a reason he is traded so much. He plays very lazy, and is a pass first player. He’s aging and the last thing we need is another aging player.

Very slow in the offensive zone, Anderson will play that spot next year, we have no need for his lazy defensive play.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
He puts up points sure, but there is a reason he is traded so much. He plays very lazy, and is a pass first player. He’s aging and the last thing we need is another aging player.

Very slow in the offensive zone, Anderson will play that spot next year, we have no need for his lazy defensive play.

You're right.

Too many 25 goal, 55 point players on this team. Boone Jenner produces enough on his own, and we were in great shape without him. No need to have back a player like that at a reasonable cap hit.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
He already makes $1.8 mil and he’s a UFA. Some team will pay him that or more. I guess it’s up to him how badly he wants to be here. I personally lean toward not resigning him.

Not all UFA's get raises & he had some huge struggles in Edmonton before he got here. Not all of these struggles were his doing but he was the victim of overuse in certain situations & some bad luck in others. These contributed to a confidence crisis, not only in himself but with the fanbase towards him, that I think he's recovering from in his short time in CBJ. I think he's found his niche here.

I believe he recognizes the great situation he's in with CBJ again & would love to re-sign. I just hope Jarmo doesn't low-ball him like he did last time & basically force him to leave.

2 years $2.5-3M is reasonable for both sides IMO.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Hoping we make a nice run into the post season & Cole Vanek and Testy make a case and want to be on the Jackets next year. Cole and Savard work pretty well together - with Nuti hurt, hoping Jack MF Johnson finds some new life.. Bob & Korpi seem like a pretty complementary backstop, let the playoffs determine if he position needs to be bolstered.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Milano-Foligno-Bjorkstrand/Anderson
Jenner- .................. -Vanek/Bjorkstrand
Calvert-Dubinsky-Letestu-Robinson/Anderson

Murray-Jones
Werenski-Nutivaara
Cole-Savard
Kukan-Prout

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
You're right.

Too many 25 goal, 55 point players on this team. Boone Jenner produces enough on his own, and we were in great shape without him. No need to have back a player like that at a reasonable cap hit.

Nice sarcasm SL. I agree 100%.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Why would you put Bjork ahead of Sonny? Sonny has shown progress and potential. Quite frankly, Bjork has done little to distinguish himself. What 11 goals despite playing in almost every game? I think Bjork is one of the big question marks going into next year. Of course, like most people on this board, I see him in the future as a solid 20 + goal winger. But, to be honest, he has not progressed very much this year and his future is far from clear. He is the one I could see being bumped by Abramov in 2019-2020.

I tend to agree here. I think Bjork has Karlsson-esque potential (well, maybe not 40 goal Karlsson) playing somewhere else. I don't know about here.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

Yes Buffalo couldn't wait to get rid of him. They got rid of him after only NINE seasons. Then look at where he has been:
Islanders a seller at the deadline - to Montreal.
Minnesota two years bought out of a $6.5 million contract
Detroit signed him and they were a seller to Florida.
Then Vancouver another deadline seller.

His cap hit was $6.5 - 7.1 million from 2009-2017. Teams can't afford 30 some year old $ 6.5 million players under the cap. Detroit signed him for two years @ $2.6 and finally the Canucks for one year @ $2 million.

He's 34 years old and teams are afraid to sign him to multi-year contracts but he is still a damn good player.
If I were in charge I'd offer him 1-2 years @ 1.5 - 2 million per year, then move him into a front office role.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

There is some serious high comedy around here this morning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad