Speculation: What will Canes do at deadline?

What will Canes do at deadline?

• Total voters

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
The only thing I think they might do is go get a goalie like Mrazek.

I think they should, but I'd be shocked if Francis makes a move for a goalie. I don't think his MO is to make a snap judgement after less than a season on the rightness or wrongness of the Darling decision.

And if they want Mrazek (I'd be fine with taking a Flyer on him), they better move fast before he is a Flyer.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I expect they'll sell hard on Stempniak and Krueger (w retention)... assuming there even are any takers for Krueger.
Wouldn't be shocked to see a sell on Ryan but I think Bill pushes for us to keep him and gets his way.
Dahlbeck could be of some minor interest for depth purposes, but I think we'd prefer to hang on to him and if we make a move with one of our D this summer use him as our #6 going forward for another year or two.

I expect what buys we make to be during the summer at the draft

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Unfortunately Ryan's recent play has devalued him a bit. I think Stempniak should get some interest, maybe Ryan, perhaps Kruger w/a good bit of retention. I don't think they sell on Cam until they have the crease figured out. There's still going to be a push for this season, it is just a matter of whether it's because of a new guy or because of the new blood the deadline selling brought in from Charlotte.

WhiteTrashAmerican

WHY DID IT END
Nov 14, 2007
Durham, NC
I could seriously see them doing absolutely nothing and claiming there was not enough market for guys like Stempniak, Kruger, Ryan and that theyed rather keep them

IMO there is no better time to bring in a forward with term and name recognition to get the fan base excited. Doesn't have to be a top line legit forward like we need...but just anything at all to get the fan base excited and the team re energized. Trading some package of Fluery, picks, mckeowon, stempniak, Kruger, Ryan etc and freeing up a spot for Zykov and a forward similar to when we got teravainen is my ideal scenario.

Still, expecting nothing

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Particularly noteworthy is the “and ownership”, which implies that the hard decisions are coming from over Francis’ head.

yeah, he conjugates "have" to imply (in his mind) ownership and management are the same- "has" (which is, "he/she/it has") rather than separate, "have".

it could also mean they're on the same page- but either way, imply that peters feels out if the loop.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

I expect nothing, of course, but I honestly think with Dundon in the pilot seat we may be surprised by what happens. This guy isn't into waiting. The Canes (while pissing us all of to no end) still sit right outside of the WC spot. They were just ousted yesterday. As hard is that is to believe. I think they make some moves, I just hope it's not more 3rd/4th liners. Personally, I'd be surprised by a trade for a goalie.

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina
Trade for Rick Nash with huge overpayment. Rick Nash scores one goal in the remaining games for the canes. Will not resign . The canes will miss the playoffs by one point. They will draft 14th overall. Best players from the farm traded to New York Rangers. Suicide rate and alcoholism rate shoot up within the Canes fans ranks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->