Speculation: What will be Wild Bill Guerin's first big trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
We all know Fenton's first big trade, which set the tone for the season and his tenure here in Minnesota (as short lived as it was).

Minnesota right now has an abundance of good right-handed defensemen (Belpedio and Menell are stuck in the AHL due to the logjam in front of them), and a glut of bottom 6 forwards/struggling wingers (JEE, Rask, Hartman, Brown, Mayhew, Foligno, Kunin, Greenway, Donato, Fiala). There isn't a lot of value in that bunch, but a possible struggling forward for struggling forward might be an option. Sprong for Rask with us retaining some salary? Maybe?

Guerin could also pull the trigger and send a defenseman like Brodin or Belpedio for an equivalent forward. Maybe a small package deal?

What do you think will be his first big trade? Especially if this slump continues?

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
I predict he won’t make any big trades until the deadline - and then, I predict a sell-off. He’ll want to see what the team can do before he shakes it up

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Can it really even be called a slump if we don’t have a statistically better norm to compare it to?

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I'll say that JEE is the first "big" trade made by Guerin.

My guess is that they try to trade Rask, can't get a reasonable deal done and pr

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i'd like to see rask traded by some miracle. me i'd probably trade & keep 2 mill per year for future considerations! save us 2 mill x 3 years cap space. not sure if rask would have to be protected during expansion? next trade i still think JEE for bracco. (or D prospects for bracco)

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Needs aside, something has to give on the glut of middling wingers on this team. It is only going to get worse with hopefully Kaprizov and Boldy joining over the next 1-2 seasons.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I predict he won’t make any big trades until the deadline - and then, I predict a sell-off. He’ll want to see what the team can do before he shakes it up

Ah, the ol' wait-and-see,-oh-shit-nobody-has-any-value-left-but-they-gotta-go-because-we-suuuuuck. Never fails. --Paul Fenton, while spraying Cheez Whiz on another Tide Pod

Other than predicting Rask is shopped around after screwing up dinner again but has less value than usable fingers and GM Kramden has no alternative but to send him Bang! Zoom! Straight to the moon!, I don't really know. Two games.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Spurgeon also has a full NMC and a ton of term on his contracts. He has Parise/Suter type of power over the organization now.
The NMC became redundant when he signed for that $/term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad