What will be the Leafs record in November?

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Not sure if this warrants a thread or not but I was interested in seeing people's predictions for how the Leafs will do this month. With several key injuries and some important divisional games looks like it will be a challenging month.
I'm predicting a 7-6 record (give or take an extra point) with losses against Vancouver, Boston, Minnesota, Islanders, Pitts, and Montreal.
I picture the Leafs picking up the slack against some lesser teams and salvaging the month with a winning record.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Vs Devils-Win
@Bruins-Loss
@Minny-Win
@Buffalo-Ot Loss
Vs Buffalo-Win
Vs Isles-Loss
Vs Preds-Win
Vs Caps-Loss
Vs Jackets-Win
@Pens-Loss
@Sabres-Loss
@Habs-Win

6-5-1

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
8-5, most of them ugly wins being outshot by 10+ shots a game. Something's gotta change but as long as were winning I doubt Carlyle's going to change anything

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
I'm not going to give an exact record, but I think they'll win more than they lose.

I think this sluggish start to the season (albeit with fantastic results) stems from the success they had last season, if that makes any sense. Prior to opening night, I feared they would start out of the gates slow - a bit of a "playoff hangover" if you will. Although the season ended horrifically last season, it was still a successful one considering they made the playoffs for the first time in countless seasons and took the Bruins to game 7 OT. To me, once the pain of the ending wore off, it gave them an overall sense of accomplishment over the summer. In turn, they came into this season with a little less hunger, but my hope is that hunger ramps up as the season progresses, and this pattern of being outshot and outplayed will slowly dissipate. It seems the only fully motivated guys, game in and game out, are Reimer and Bernier, because of the goalie competition that Nonis and Carlyle have created. And its saving their season so far.

Perhaps I'm just a glass half-full guy, but I don't think the effort so far is reflective of the team when you look at it on paper.

Maybe this long layoff before Friday is the perfect time for them to throw it into higher gear and begin playing with more motivation.

LETS GO BOYS. RAMP IT UP.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
This team is in the playoffs...

And no one wants to play us. 2 games over .500, goaltending steals it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Pens, Bruins, Minny and Isles are the only teams I would be fine with losing too.

At minimum I expect 8-4-0

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Bad unless Kessel and JVR really light it up, and I mean REALLY light it up either that or we get carried by unbelievable goaltending.

Mar 26, 2010
The team is going to struggle and will most likely find its way out of a play off spot.

Our record now does not reflect how bad this team really is.

Intact

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga ON
The sky is NOT falling, 3 games against the 2-14 Sabres! Game friday against the 3-11 Devils, 1 game against 5-8 Jackets

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Thinking about .650 hockey. We've certainly taken a step back the past week, but I think we can hold above water with our schedule.

(I wonder how many actually looked at who we play)

Last edited:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We'll be in freefall. Missing two of our best defensive centers, gave up 40 shots with them...so 50 without them...

I'll be glad with .500 in November. I think we're in for a bad month..unless some prospects or players step up big.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad