OT: What were your previous usernames?

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I used to use my real name: Ray Shero.

I was a terrible GM who probably cost the team a few Cups when we should have been a dynasty. Now I don’t have a job.

Reactions: Gold Diamond

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I've had a few here because I haven't really loved any of them. Not usually that u/n schizo but it is what it is. Was on the old official MB for awhile as, I think, Oglethorpe55 it was? That was many many moons ago.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I've never changed my username here.

I have been going by this username for everything (Playstation, Xbox, HF, mobile games, etc.) since I was given an account with the name around 2002.

I'm considering changing it now though, as it's been so long and doesn't particularly feel like mine.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I've had a few here because I haven't really loved any of them. Not usually that u/n schizo but it is what it is. Was on the old official MB for awhile as, I think, Oglethorpe55 it was? That was many many moons ago.

When all else fails go with a line from slap shot.

Denis Lemeuix "My allergie go puke" is available

Reactions: Deport Ogie

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Wow, you and BIg with 2002 start date. That's crazy.

Never seen anyone with a start date that precedes yours.
I use to spend computer class lurking on HF. I even copied their 03 draft preview for a project :laugh:

Back then, they even had a website. In like 2001/02, they had a section called "Beyond Tomorrow" that was ALREADY hyping Crosby and Ovechkin. Ovechkin as early as 2001 if I remember correctly. Crosby, I remember from Air Canada Cup in 2002. He then play in SSM in 03. HF might have been talking about him as early as 2001 though. Ovechkin they did for sure.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I use to spend computer class lurking on HF. I even copied their 03 draft preview for a project :laugh:

Back then, they even had a website. In like 2001/02, they had a section called "Beyond Tomorrow" that was ALREADY hyping Crosby and Ovechkin. Ovechkin as early as 2001 if I remember correctly. Crosby, I remember from Air Canada Cup in 2002. He then play in SSM in 03. HF might have been talking about him as early as 2001 though. Ovechkin they did for sure.
Were there many posters on the site back then?

Probably grew at a great rate each year, to what it is today. Pretty cool that you were at the start, and saw its growth from month to month, year to year.

I vaguely remember their prospect rating system.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Were there many posters on the site back then?

Probably grew at a great rate each year, to what it is today. Pretty cool that you were at the start, and saw its growth from month to month, year to year.

I vaguely remember their prospect rating system.
I remember it being very active.

Remember this was before social media and probably at the top of the messageboards popularity.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I remember it being very active.

Remember this was before social media and probably at the top of the messageboards popularity.

HFBoards was an oasis in a world where the only alternatives to discuss hockey online were chat rooms (at least 30% pedophile by volume), official message boards (that were almost universally intolerable for one reason or another), or little side rooms on unrelated sites we'd claim for our own (i.e. stuff like the IGN boards).

There's a reason I've been here for over half of my life and that's largely because of how impossible it was to find any decent hockey community before it. I hate this place a lot of the time, but it's still glorious in comparison to the before times...and every alternative I've tried that's come along since then.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Mine has stayed the same. And I've kept my avatar since 2009 playoffs.

I lurked for a few years before making an account and I totally agree with Big. This place while it can be crazy. It really is the best collection of people as far as discussion about hockey. Back then the Hockey's Future part of the site was way bigger than the message board. It gave me a great understanding of future prospects and the prospects for each team. They had a rating system for each prospect and a write up about them every year. I really miss that part of it and I wonder why it went away.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m boring, no avatar either….just the most vanilla poster ever…call me the Chad Ruhwedel of posters

Reactions: Gold Diamond

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I’m boring, no avatar either….just the most vanilla poster ever…call me the Chad Ruhwedel of posters
Found one for you

41G+rJgfWgL._AC_SY580_.jpg

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
HFBoards was an oasis in a world where the only alternatives to discuss hockey online were chat rooms (at least 30% pedophile by volume), official message boards (that were almost universally intolerable for one reason or another), or little side rooms on unrelated sites we'd claim for our own (i.e. stuff like the IGN boards).

There's a reason I've been here for over half of my life and that's largely because of how impossible it was to find any decent hockey community before it. I hate this place a lot of the time, but it's still glorious in comparison to the before times...and every alternative I've tried that's come along since then.

Coming here in the mid-2000's was like finding a honey hole. I couldn't believe there were people who were as into hockey as I was. It was a different type of community back then. A lot of those guys quit posting around the same time and they were super intelligent and knew many aspects of the league really well. I miss that.

I also loved talking football here.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish

You miss The Beerman and you know it.

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
Buzz Penguin - Kids loved toy story and there was a set of Penguin avatars with a buzz in them that they loved when they were little many years ago
I think I had another name at some point but don't remember

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
And the legendary Route66, who put the homer in hocket.

Holy shit!!! You know nothing about hocket ...

The number of people who have been here more than 15 years is pretty impressive.

I found this place trying to get information on the 2004-05 lockout.

Yeah, I ended up here as a result of looking for info on the '05 draft/prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad