Music: What was your first album and on what medium?

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
R-13128975-1548562832-1079.jpeg.jpg

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Supertramp_-_Breakfast_in_America.jpg

U2_Boy_America.png

When I was eight, I received a small windfall ($20) and promptly picked these both up on vinyl at the local mall.

Reactions: plank

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Def Leppard: Pyromania. Vinyl.

I think around the same time I had a K-Tel compilation album called Blast Off. I just looked it up, and I think there may have been a Canadian version that I got somehow because I didn't recognize the album artwork. There was also one I had called Masters of Metal volume 1. Those, Pyromania, Metal Health and Diver Down were the start of my record collection in 1983.

I listened to my dad's ABBA albums and the Cats soundtrack previously. Then one day I saw a Def Leppard video on Good Rockin' Tonight and I've basically been a headbanger ever since.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Def Leppard: Pyromania. Vinyl.

I think around the same time I had a K-Tel compilation album called Blast Off. I just looked it up, and I think there may have been a Canadian version that I got somehow because I didn't recognize the album artwork. There was also one I had called Masters of Metal volume 1. Those, Pyromania, Metal Health and Diver Down were the start of my record collection in 1983.

I listened to my dad's ABBA albums and the Cats soundtrack previously. Then one day I saw a Def Leppard video on Good Rockin' Tonight and I've basically been a headbanger ever since.

I had that Masters of Metal - great album! I bought it when i was 12 - Various ‎– Masters Of Metal Volume 1

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I bought Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory on CD, but many years before the first album as a child I was exposed to was Def Leppard - Hysteria on cassette tape.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
lol I have a good one.

When I was very little my baby sitter had a huge record collection. Evidently I was fascinated by "A Fifth of Beethoven" by Walter Murphy so she gave me the vinyl single.

When I got home I played it for my parents who thought it was a riot. The first time. But when I kept playing it over and over and over they eventually had to limit my disco Beethoven listening.

So - two Family Guy references.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Treble Charger's Detox (2002) on CD but the first one I bought myself was Keane's Hopes & Fears (2005) also on CD.

Still the best album I've ever heard (the Keane one), man I had great music taste for a kid. I think it developed from a hate of pop, especially boy and girlbands from the late-90s.

fa0040144048a107ab7ed24ce2ec

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad