What was your favorite year of your favorite team?

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
The Bruins won the cup in 2011 so that was awesome but I did love watching that 2008-09 team.

Lucic Savard Kessel
Wheeler Krejci Ryder
Sturm/Recchi Bergeron Kobasew
Axelsson Yelle Thornton
Sobotka

Chara Ward
Ference Wideman
Stuart Montador
Hunwick

Thomas
Fernandez

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Recently? Blues 15-16 had the team with the best chance to do it... so sad. What a baddass team just look at that D

Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Steen - Backes - Berglund
Fabbri - Stastny - Brouwer
Upshall - Brodziak - Reaves

Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Gunnarson - Shattenkirk
Edmunsdon - Parayko

Elliott
Allen

Paajarvi/Ott/Jaskin/Bortuzzo

...Damn sharks...

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
2010 or 2013.

2010 for breaking the drought, 2013 for being probably the best team I'll ever watch or cheer for (as far as raw performance).

end

Mar 18, 2007
Arklay Mansion
I liked the 2016 Pens for their focus on speed, and the 2009 Pens actually won, but I really enjoyed the 2008 Penguins team. The 07-08 team was the toughest the Crosby era Penguins ever were. We had Gary Roberts and Georges Laracque and every other guy on the team played like they were nine feet tall. I remember the first round of the playoffs against Ottawa, who had beaten the Pens the year before, Ryan Whitney filled in Wade Redden for getting into a cross checking match with Sidney Crosby, a fight Crosby initiated. The team that beats guys up because they stood up for themselves is the team you want to have. Earlier in the year there was this big brawl with the Flyers that featured Roberts beating the crap out of Ben Eager, that was refreshing. The Penguins are never tougher than the Flyers except for that year.

The skill side of course wasn't bad either. Crosby had his ankle sprain while he was tied with Lecavalier for the scoring lead. Malkin emerged as a real elite player, flanked by Ryan Malone and Petr Sykora on the Steel City Line. Jordan Staal had a sophomore slump, but Sergei Gonchar had his best year on the Penguins and was 4th in Norris voting (Gonchar never had a nomination but was 4th three times). Tyler Kennedy's rookie year, my ideal 3rd/4th line energy checking winger. Max Talbot has a good year, great playoff, scores big goals, scores the goal with 34.3 seconds left to save us from a five game sweep in the Final. This is the year of the big trade where we made Colby Armstrong cry. I'd cry too being sent to the Thrashers. Of course we got a superstar in return, that incredible two way player and all time great; Pascal Dupuis!

Last edited:

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
13 Hawks. Dominant from start to finish while playing beautiful hockey and producing probably the best finals in the cap era against Boston.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
The Sedin twins back to back dominating seasons 09/10 and 10/11 followed by that huge Stanley Cup run to cap off 2011. That was a fun time to be a Canucks fan. Felt great to walk around Calgary in my Canucks jersey.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
13 Hawks. Dominant from start to finish while playing beautiful hockey and producing probably the best finals in the cap era against Boston.

That 2013 Final is super underrated, I'm guessing in part because it didn't go seven games. It was the two best teams in the league playing A-level hockey. Beautiful to watch.

As a Sharks fan it's tough to choose between '94, '04, and '16. As fun as '94 and '04 were, the way those respective seasons ended was pretty painful. At least in '16 we just got flat-out beat by a juggernaut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad