What was your favorite year of your favorite team?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
For the Sens, I'm gonna go with 2015

Had a lot of fun in 2003, 2007 and 2017, but that 2015 season was special.

Hammond going 20-1-2 as the Sens make the playoffs on the final day of the season. Karlsson was awesome, and Mark Stone was an animal with so many clutch goals. The best game being the 3-0 comeback against the Penguins to save the season.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
1998, with 01-02 being a close second.

From the start of that season after the Vlady accident, you could just sense that team was a on a mission to repeat, and nobody was going to get in their way to do so.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Strictly regular season wise, 2013-14 was an amazing year to be a Ducks fan.

-Selanne's farewell tour
-116 points set a franchise record and was 1 point shy of the President's Trophy
-Points in 22 straight home games to start the season
-There was an insane village burning assault on the league where they won 18 of 19 games
-We won the first outdoor game in California with a 3-0 shutout of the Kings

The entire regular season was so. much. fun. Unfortunately there was no storybook ending for the playoffs.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
There have been some great Flyers teams in my lifetime, the 1997 team that went to the Finals, the 2000 team that lost in 7 games in the ECF to the eventual Cup champ Devils, the 2010 team that lost in the Finals to the Blackhawks..

But my favorite was the 2004 Flyers. The lost in 7 games in the ECF to the eventual Cup champion Lightning, but that was still an incredible run.

Up front they had..

Jeremy Roenick
Mark Recchi
Keith Primeau
John LeClair
Tony Amonte
Alexei Zhamnov
Simon Gagne
Sami Kapanen
Michal Handzus
Justin Williams
Donald Brashear
Patrick Sharp

On the back end..

Kim Johnsson
Danny Markov
Vladimir Malakhov
Marcus Ragnarsson
Mattias Timander
Joni Pitkanen

*Eric Desjardins, the teams 1D, missed the entire playoff run due to injuries. Could have made a major difference.

Sami Kapanen of all people filling on defense in the ECF due to injuries is something i'll never forget. Hitchcock was afraid to trust Dennis Seidenberg in the pressure filled games because he had no NHL experience. He got into 3 playoff games but only average 7:36 TOI.

Robert Esche was fantastic in net in both the regular season and playoffs but was a total headcase and was nicknamed Sideshow Bob.

Just a fun team.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
04 Leafs

Roberts Sundin Mogilny
Poni Newy Antropov
Tucker Francis Nolan
Fitzgerald Stajan/Reichel Domi

McCabe Leetch
Kaberle Klee
Marchment Pilar

Belfour

Reactions: Kelly

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
Surprised I'm the first Capitals fan to say '98. It was a fun ride while it lasted. 2012 is a close second imo, followed by 2008.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Strictly regular season wise, 2013-14 was an amazing year to be a Ducks fan.

-Selanne's farewell tour
-116 points set a franchise record and was 1 point shy of the President's Trophy
-Points in 22 straight home games to start the season
-There was an insane village burning assault on the league where they won 18 of 19 games
-We won the first outdoor game in California with a 3-0 shutout of the Kings

The entire regular season was so. much. fun. Unfortunately there was no storybook ending for the playoffs

There never is but even I shed a tear for Selanne and seeing everyone stay out to honor him. That was totally moving.

Edit: FWIW

Last edited:
Reactions: Still Mighty

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
04 was so much fun. What an awesome group of players, Iggy + Kipper went full god mode in the playoffs. The whole city really rallied with that team.

The 14-15 Flames had some great moments as well. So many improbable comebacks :laugh:

As for other clubs, the 96-97 Wings, the 00-01 Avs, 07-08 Capitals, both the 09-10 Hawks and Flyers, and the 10-11 Bruins have probably been my favorites. HMs to the 13-14 Rangers and the 06-07 Sens, really great teams.

Reactions: Rebels57

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
14-15: Last year at the Coliseum, Boychuk & Leddy added a week before the season started, had a great first half of the season. Amazing series vs. the Caps ending with a game 7 clunker (11 SOG????)

17-18: Been fun so far, Belmont & Tavares news could make it fantastic. No Belmont & Tavares news + goaltending woes continuing could make for the worst season ever and that's saying a lot.

01-02: Must have been great but wasn't old enough to fully appreciate. Fortunate enough to be in attendance for the Bates penalty shot.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
There have been some great Flyers teams in my lifetime, the 1997 team that went to the Finals, the 2000 team that lost in 7 games in the ECF to the eventual Cup champ Devils, the 2010 team that lost in the Finals to the Blackhawks..

But my favorite was the 2004 Flyers. The lost in 7 games in the ECF to the eventual Cup champion Lightning, but that was still an incredible run.

Up front they had..

Jeremy Roenick
Mark Recchi
Keith Primeau
John LeClair
Tony Amonte
Alexei Zhamnov
Simon Gagne
Sami Kapanen
Michal Handzus
Justin Williams
Donald Brashear
Patrick Sharp

On the back end..

Kim Johnsson
Danny Markov
Vladimir Malakhov
Marcus Ragnarsson
Mattias Timander
Joni Pitkanen

*Eric Desjardins, the teams 1D, missed the entire playoff run due to injuries. Could have made a major difference.

Sami Kapanen of all people filling on defense in the ECF due to injuries is something i'll never forget. Hitchcock was afraid to trust Dennis Seidenberg in the pressure filled games because he had no NHL experience. He got into 3 playoff games but only average 7:36 TOI.

Robert Esche was fantastic in net in both the regular season and playoffs but was a total headcase and was nicknamed Sideshow Bob.

Just a fun team.

Leafs fan, that team was awful!!!!:sarcasm:

Reactions: Rebels57

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
The sharks played a phenomenal season in 2015-16, it was insanely entertaining, especially watching them beat the kings and only trailing for 5 minutes in the entire series. OH yah, and most don't realize this but the sharks DID beat the kings four times in a row in 14. Just not all in the playoffs. who plays an 8 game series?? WHO??

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Several hawks 2010 love but ive thought of this over time for years but for me it's actually 08-09 that's my favorite year factoring in all the rejuvenation elements with that teams rise. Even with the red wings wcf loss it feels like the bigger year of great joy I had total experiencing and remembering stuff around from.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
1988 Oilers.

Complete domination in the playoffs. Never played more than five games in any series, swept two of them. Gretzky wins the Smythe with a 1.6 ppg.

Gretzky's last game as an Oiler 5/26/88. :(

RaindanceMaggie

Sep 3, 2011
Vancouver
Regular Season: 2007-2008 (The fairytale run to the playoffs was awesome along with Ovechkin's 65 goal performance)

Playoffs: 2008-2009 (Fedorov in game 7 against the Rangers was awesome and the first 6 games of the Pens series was thrilling)

Season as a whole, probably 2016-2017

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Best team ever...

76-77 Habs.
They set an NHL record for most points in a season by a team with 132 points. They outscored opponents by 216 goals in 80 games for an average of 2.7 goals a game more than their opponents.
They only lost 8 games and ended up with 132 points.
They lost two games in the playoffs and had 4 shutouts.
Four players on the first all star team.
Lafleur wins the Hart, Art Ross and Conn Smythe and Dryden takes the Vezina.

Best team ever...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad