What was the best "David vs Goliath" fight ever?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
In NHL 17 I beat up Zdeno Chara with Mats Zuccarello. The punches weren't even landing on his head, more like his chest due to the height difference.

Reactions: El Cohiba

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
In NHL 17 I beat up Zdeno Chara with Mats Zuccarello. The punches weren't even landing on his head, more like his chest due to the height difference.

Dude that's nothing. In NHL16 (or was it 15) I was playing with an all-star team against some random QMJHL team and my tough guy Scott Hartnell got KO'd with ONE punch by some kid lol.

Reactions: El Cohiba

pi314

Jun 10, 2017
Windsor, ON
Always been partial to Max Talbot vs Dan Carcillo. Especially since it turned a playoff series against a hated rival.

Reactions: orby

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Always been partial to Max Talbot vs Dan Carcillo. Especially since it turned a playoff series against a hated rival.

This is one of the relatively few clear examples of a fight actually serving as a turning point in a game. The Flyers were dominating the game to this point, and by baiting Carcillo into a pointless fight, Talbot completely disrupted their momentum. Keith Jones was 100% correct in his analysis of this fight the second it happened.

Reactions: pi314

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
The first one I thought of was Rypien vs. Boris Valabik. But, the fight vs. Hall Gill is another good choice.

Came here to post this. I was actually at the game and saw it live. I just love how it started with a cocky Valabik getting into Rypien's space, trying to intimidate with his massive size advantage.

Bad move, Boris.

Reactions: thomaspalmer

TheNorthStars

Stars/Leafs
Sep 3, 2018
Definitely most Rypien scraps. Carcillo would routinely take on guys way bigger than him too even though he was a piece of shit.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Jonathan was a tough SOB, and I always thought that Bouchard was a mediocre fighter.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
This is one of the relatively few clear examples of a fight actually serving as a turning point in a game. The Flyers were dominating the game to this point, and by baiting Carcillo into a pointless fight, Talbot completely disrupted their momentum. Keith Jones was 100% correct in his analysis of this fight the second it happened.

huh?

Reactions: thebus88

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Rick Rypien vs The World. My favourite fight of his was vs Brad May, but he had a great one vs Hal Gill too and had a few with Zack Stortini, who was way out of his weight class.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014

Frazer Mclaren was laughing at Josh Georges. Dubas should get Georges out of retirement. Would be the only Leaf capable of playing D and having heart. Something Dubas is allergic to.

Back when Toronto had a spine and Orr took on Asham. Carlyle Orr and Mclaren got just as far in playoffs as the current super Shanna plan team.

Martin being a bully towards Stecher. Now Stecher can take on any Leafs player blind folded and a ref hanging on his arm.

No David wins but a lot of heart shown in these dust ups.

Reactions: Dave Karp

Seider Town

Aug 9, 2014
USA
I know it never materialized into a fight but I always get a laugh out of watching the replay of Brendan Smith trying to engage Chara into a fight and Chara stands there smiling and laughing at Smith as he tries to get Chara to go. Even Chara couldn't believe Smith was that dumb.

Gotta respect Smith for having either the balls or just the absolute craziness to even want to try it lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad