What types of players do you enjoy watching the most?

Wilbur*

What is your favorite type of game? Like stylistically? I'm talking about players.

For example, some people prefer Kessel-type of players. Guys who can skate fast, dangle, snipe, etc. However, I prefer watching players who are puck hounds, who relentlessly pursue the puck, who play a 200-ft game, play in all 3 zones, hit, win board battles, play with intensity and aggressiveness, and can play both offense and defense. For example, a player like Girgensons or Bennett, or Kopitar or Barkov or Backes. I prefer watching these types of players play as opposed to players like Kessel. For that reason, I would trade Kessel for Girgensons straight up, but there's no way Buffalo would do that since they view him as their future captain, current best player, and a franchise piece.

What are your favorite types of players? What style do you prefer?

JayDog17

Dec 23, 2014
Doug Gilmour, Wendel Clark, Dave Andreychuk

Give me 4 lines built like that at varying skill level.

Shea Weber, Scott Stevens

Three D pairs built like that at varying skill level.

Perfect team in my dream world

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Doug Gilmour, Wendel Clark, Dave Andreychuk

Give me 4 lines built like that at varying skill level.

Shea Weber, Scott Stevens

Three D pairs built like that at varying skill level.

Perfect team in my dream world

Mats Sundin, the man can skate, run you over or dangle past you, absolute complete player. Slapshot, wrister or back hand he hand them all.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Mats Sundin, the man can skate, run you over or dangle past you, absolute complete player. Slapshot, wrister or back hand he hand them all.

Or garbage goal with seconds left because he was always in front or side of the net or driving for it. Sundin was the best multi dimensional player we ever had. A complete force.

He was first and foremost a competer.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I like the idea of having an elite franchise center to hang your fortunes on.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
As I Swede I always enjoyed watching Forsberg and later on Zetterberg. Not really similar in style since Forsberg was rather unique but they are both complete hockey warriors in their own ways.
Parise is another player I like even do I dont get to see much of him now when he plays in the Western conference (DRW was probably the team they showed the most over here some years ago so I saw plenty of them). Parise is similar to Zetterberg. Complete hockey players. Can do it all, in all 3 zones.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Tucker was probably my favourite player to watch in his hay-day, during those epic Ottawa series.

Nowadays the league is so heavily leaning on skill guys that it's the game breakers that you love watching - the Kane's and guys who can blow a game open on their own.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Another vote for players like Mats Sundin. Big, strong, centre that can absolutely take over a game when you needed him to. When he entered beast mode, you couldn't stop him.

RoyalGremlin

The future is now.
Jun 19, 2007
Any superstar or homer player with really sweet hands. Crosby, Kadri, Drouin, Nylander, Kane, McDavid are my faves off the top of my had

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Tucker, Roberts, McCabe, Markov, Yushkevich, Svehla are the kinds of players I like watching the most. I do appreciate a good Mogilny to liven things up.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Tucker, Domi, Roberts, Sundin, Mogilny, Belfour, Gilmour, Clark, Potvin, Macoun, Steve Thomas, Nieuwendyk and coaches like Quinn and Burns.

I don't like watching Horachek.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Love watching energy guys giving it their all on the ice, it's infectious. I also respect the skilled guys a lot when their skill is on display.

LeafsFIO*

Tough-as-nails forwards and puck-moving d-men. Obviously you need stay at home D and scoring forwards but you win with the perfect mix. Also the two-way forwards that get it. Kopitar, Barkov, Monahan. They are perfect players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad