What type of team do you want?

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Watching some of the other games on TV, I'm curious to what type of team we would want the Sens to be ultimately.

Should they be a more highly skilled, finesse(?) team like the Blackhawks or the Canadiens( I guess?). Even though the Blackhawks play in a conference with some nasty, physical teams like St.Louis, LA, they're still able to come out on top for the most part..but it definitely takes all of their collective might to do so.

Or would you rather the be that physical, hard hitting team like LA, St.Louis, Jets, Anaheim,Boston? It sure is fun to watch them at times and they tend to get heated very quickly. Its effective though as teams like that appear to win by brute force and a solid forechecking game as their main identity rather than having a bunch of skilled players like Chicago does who can beat teams with some gritty play but some great individual skill players as well.

For me it looks like Ottawa's trying to be like a Detroit or Chicago more than a physical grinding team. I feel like they would get run out of the building playing a team like LA... every time they're in the playoffs they resemble that same Ducks team we lost to in the Finals. Don't know how Chicago does it but it speaks to their lineup and players that they can

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I want a fast, skilled, hard hitting team, who plays a good 200ft game and is strong in the defensive end as in the offensive. They are on their way to becoming that team.

Last edited:

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I want this team. I want Stone and Hoffman and Lazar. I want to see Karlsson do crazy stuff. I want MacArthur, Turris and Ryan to score. I want Ceci to develop and be better. So smart.... He is.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
we need a Getzlaf type of player on our team I feel. A big #1C who can go up against anyone. Turns is not that guy and I never knew why people thought he would be. We had a very skilled guy in Spezza for many years who beat opposing defences with his offensive ability but not necessary his physical size. Murray would just have to be aggressive at the draft to get that type of a player. I have no idea how long it would take him to develop into a #1C but it would be good change to see imo

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I want a trap and counter team that uses speed, positioning and efficiency.

3 attacking lines. Speed as the main attack. Point shots as secondary tactic.

Limited or no pinching from dmen. Still join rushes, though. Karlsson with free reign.

Zone defense. No shot blocking. Wingers stay close to the blue line and cover the points. Center plays full on defense and stays low on the breakout.

Full on 1-3-1 trap. Almost no forecheck.

No fighting or responding to agitators/pests. Turtle any forced fights.

Last edited:

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
I want a fast, skilled, hard hitting team, who plays a good 200ft game and it strong in the defensive end as in the offensive. They are on their way to becoming that team.

LOL isn't this what everybody wants?

I want an exciting offensive team with a good transition game.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I want a team that can punch another team in the mouth. We've never had that before. Basically, we need guys who can get us 25 goals a year but at the same time be a punishing player out there. This franchise has never had that type of player in its history from what I can recall

We need more of those types of guys. We've seen the skilled Ottawa teams for years but never Ottawa teams with an edge to them

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
I want a fast, skilled, hard hitting team, who plays a good 200ft game and it strong in the defensive end as in the offensive. They are on their way to becoming that team.

yes, this is exactly correct i love where our team is going

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I'd like a team similar to the one that the Bruins recently won a cup with.

Skill, grit.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
we need a Getzlaf type of player on our team I feel. A big #1C who can go up against anyone. Turns is not that guy and I never knew why people thought he would be. We had a very skilled guy in Spezza for many years who beat opposing defences with his offensive ability but not necessary his physical size. Murray would just have to be aggressive at the draft to get that type of a player. I have no idea how long it would take him to develop into a #1C but it would be good change to see imo

Tell me Montreal has that. It is an excuse of a need.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I want a trap and counter team that uses speed, positioning and efficiency.

3 attacking lines. Speed as the main attack. Point shots as secondary tactic.

Limited or no pinching from dmen. Still join rushes, though. Karlsson with free reign.

Zone defense. No shot blocking. Wingers stay close to the blue line and cover the points. Center plays full on defense and stays low on the breakout.

Full on 1-3-1 trap. Almost no forecheck.

No fighting or responding to agitators/pests. Turtle any forced fights.

Haha, well played!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad