What type of team are the B's

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
More true words have never been spoken.

But this season’s Bruins frightened no one. In their effort to add skill, the team subtracted grit, and ended up with a team that was sorely lacking in both. This was small, soft team that frequently got pushed around and even intimidated. Challenged, rarely did B’s players step up and answer the bell.

Called by many here in September. Would be nice to hear from certain people how they feel now, but I doubt that ever happens.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
They are soft and underachieving. New GM needs to determine if that is the players or coaching issue. If coaching, see ya Claude, if Players you move a couple of the bigger underachievers and soft players. Reilly Smith would be the poster boy for this right now.

Despite what the pacifists will tell you a skilled team can still have players who hit and fight. there is a place for a Ryan Spooner or Pastrnak but there should also be a place for a Matt Hendricks, Jordan Nolan, Chris Stewart or Pat Maroon type player. The game become too fast for a John Scott to survive but Tyler Randell can skate and play limiter fourth line minutes, that would be more valuable to me than a player who has more skill but won't hit or fight.

Pure finesse isn't needed on a fourth line and players not willing to sacrifice to win or stand up for their teammates should be moved. This team is lacking in leadership and heart, that needs to change first.

There are almost NO people whatsoever claiming this. Of course there are a place for guys like that. Those 4 players, however, are not Colton Orr or Luke Gazdic or Brian McGrattan. Those guys can't play hockey. The 4 you mentioned are decent players that can bring some physicality. I would welcome 3 of them on the Bruins with open arms (Stewart is a lazy piece of ****, he is the exception).

Three Dog

Apr 12, 2015
People laughed at me when I said this team would be soft this year.

I wasn't a member of this board before recently, but if many of us (including myself) saw the road the team was going due to key personnel changes (losses at damaging positions)..... I had said to my brother when we lost Thronton, Iggy, Johnson, and then Boychuk, that the B's would either not make the playoffs, or barely slide in to one of the final slots. I'm actually surprised the team achieved 96 points, because I looked at their roster as comparable to the leafs (but better coaching). (especially factoring in injuries)

That all being said (I'm not jumping the "i knew it" band wagon). ........but if so many people saw what I did coming...... why is the overwhelming majority still blaming CJ, and wanting the team essentially gutted for the team not making the playoffs?
....doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Realistically, in my opinion..... if we hadnt have lost those pieces, we're all watching the Bruins in the playoffs right now.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The identity is confused.

We need balance. While some teams have had success with smaller skilled players, I haven't seen any of them win a cup.

Are we really going to have a successful team if the right changes aren't made. We are small and getting smaller, when you have guys like Krug and Marchand who are small and then you add Pasta, Spooner an Smith who aren't small but they might as well be. Then Krejci and Erikkson aren't the toughest guys around you get what we had last year.

I'll start buying the skilled small team when one wins a cup, but until then I am not sold. While the league maybe going that way, it isn't going as all in on that as some people think. We have to many small/soft players and the big ones other than Quaider (who I hope we are not stupid enough to let walk) are playing soft. We need truculence and we need it now.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
You have Lucic and McQuaid, those are your two toughest guys. Chara didn't really show much this year due to injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad